Thursday, July 10, 2008

You Won...Not!

This morning I got a call from some lady that I did not know [& was half asleep cuz I just woke up]. She said she was from [insert company name here] & that I won one of the prizes in a drawing I entered during the Sunnyvale Art & Wine Festival back in June. She goes on to talk about how I get to choose which vacation destination I wanted [Vegas, Tahoe, Reno] & that it came with paid roundtrip airfare & a 3 day/2 night stay for two. After she told me about the vacation choices, she verified all my information & then it came down to "are you 21 years of age & have an income of $40,000 or more?" I said "yes, I'm 21, but I don't have an income that high." She then tells me that I cannot claim the prize & asked if I wanted to forward it to someone else I knew to claim it. I knew my parents would think it was a scam & I couldn't think of anyone else, so I gave up my vacation to someone else...UGH! Needless to say, I was irritated after that call...

1 comment:

  1. Well that sucks!!! and is really really odd!! I wonder why they want you to make 40,000 or more?! wth?! *goes to shake the lady*
    Sorry it didn't work out :( that would have been so cool!!!

    ReplyDelete