Monday, September 22, 2008

Pap Smear

There's a first time for everything, right? Well I had my first Pap Smear today & it was...interesting...

First off, my gynocologist [already bent on seeing me since she sees my sisters & mom already] talks so fast & so much like she's had like five cans of Red Bull straight or something. That woman is like a talking machine gun, lol! She made me do a urine sample & thankfully I'm negative for proteins & sugar, whoo! Then she made me go to her office to talk about the pap smear, women's health, etc. The topic of the HPV vaccine came up & instead of just listening to her mouth off, I had to interject & say that most strains of HPV are fought off by the body. She goes on continuing to lecture me on why my sisters & I should get the vaccine for another good 2-3 minutes, ughh...

After her long drawn out spiel of all I need to know, she sends me to exam room #2 where I basically had to strip down & put on a gown for my pap smear. I totally thought I could've kept most of my clothes on... When the gynocologist came in, she showed me how to do a breast exam [which I already knew] & did it on me, too... Awkward to have someone else feeling up your boobs, lol. Then she's like "Alright, time for the pap smear, now I want you to stay as relaxed as possible so that you won't have a horrible first experience. I know it's really uncomfortable to have someone down there since it's a private area, but I won't harm you." Good thing was, it only took a total of 5ish minutes to do the pap smear & for her to check my sphincters *cough* Thank goodness I don't have to see her for another year, ughh...

Overall, it wasn't traumatizing or as bad as other people put it or maybe that's cuz I put my mindset to not worry about it *shrug* Anyhoo, y'all [females of course] should get yours done, too, even if you aren't sexually active. It's good for your health in general.

1 comment:

  1. should you have wrote it wasn't traumatizing instead of it was? ROFL you dork ;) but I'm glad you're healthy and stuffers LOL... awkward! :P

    ReplyDelete