Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Accepted x2!

The blog about my teaching presentation & cultural intervention presentation can wait because the following news is so much better ;)

Last Wednesday, I was accepted for my internship at the Veterans Administration (VA) hospital in Palo Alto for mental health this summer! This is like my dream workplace (not necessarily mental health) so I was excited, but also bummed. Why you ask? I also applied for a mental health internship up north in Trinity County run by one of our faculty.

Now fast forward to today. After getting home from school, I got an email from Dr. MacRae that I got accepted to the Trinity County internship! For those of you who don't know, only 2 interns get accepted every summer & Dr. MacRae started this program 2 years ago, which makes me the third cohort of interns. Also, this internship provides free housing & a stipend.

You're probably wondering now which site I will be choosing since I can only have one mental health internship & both are during the summer. Well, I think I have my heart set on Trinity County because it gives me a chance to broaden my horizons, my OT skills & my overall travel bug since it is 5 hours up north from home. I know I can always try to apply for a job at the VA in the future, but Trinity is truly once in a lifetime :)

4 comments:

  1. YAY! Congrats Annie!! One more stepping stone completed! Is Trinity the one you said was wayyyy out in the boonies? :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. How freaking AWESOME!!! Yes, I'd definitely go with that one -- You are so awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAYYYYYY, congrats Miss Annie! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats annie banannie smarty pants!!!! You truly deserve both internships! Too bad you can't choose both and bsb! ;) Trinity sounds like a good choice and how amazing that you get free housing and a stipend!!! I'm so happy for you bestie!!! *hugs, confetti, and love*

    ReplyDelete