Tuesday, February 15, 2011

First Home Visit!

Today was my first doing an actual home visit/evaluation for my patient. I arrived on time & was very warmly welcomed into the home by my patient's wife. I said hello to my patient & gave him his belated birthday card. He seemed happy that I brought him a card so yay!

Outside of his birthday card!


I drew him M&Ms cuz he liked 'em!

His wife showed me around the house before letting me roam around a little to check things off my list in terms of safety & recommendations. My patient also showed me how he did tranfers in the living room, bathroom & bedroom as well as how he don/doffed his shirt. I didn't know he was actually going to take off his pants during his bathroom transfer so I had a little shock there, but I managed to stay calm, haha. Guess I just got to get used to it.

After my patient was done with his business, we all sat at the dining table where his wife gave me a small glass of sweet tea while we talked about the patient & about his goals for the semester. He seemed to like the extra company at home, hehe. I left about 1.5 hours after arriving & his wife gave me a hug as I was getting up. As I walked past my patient to say bye, he decided to reach out & give me a hug, too! That totally made my day knowing that he likes me enough to give me a hug :)

6 comments:

  1. How sweet! I'm glad the visit went well! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad it went so well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. :D I'm glad the visit went well! And yay for hugs! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw glad it went well! Sounded like you had a great visit with your patient. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's great that it went well and they seem to really like you!!! When you said he took off his pants I totally lol'd but it's all part of the job. haha Have a great weekend!!
    love you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your job sounds so rewarding!

    ReplyDelete