Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Got My First Patient!

I just got assigned to my first patient ever today, yay! I get to contact & make arrangements for him to come into clinic next Thursday to begin his evaluations. I'm super excited about this even now I'm totally freaking out because I am in charge of another person's treatment, ahhhh! He has a left CVA (stroke) & has right side hemiparesis along with apraxia. This is his first time in our clinic so even our supervisor does not know him so I'm treading in unknown territory, hehe. At least I know he's motivated so I'm excited to work with him. Plus, his birthday is coming up so I may just have to sing him a happy birthday :)

9 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:49 PM

    CONGRATS ANNIE :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is amazing!! Congrats. I hope he makes alot of progress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marie @ well you know me lol!5:41 AM

    Congrats Annie!! I know your super excited and I know everything will go great!! Hope he makes good progress and he is not one of those meanies lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. :O YAY!!!! Super excited for you girlie! You're gonna do great! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww this is SO exciting!!! I really wish we had more sweet motivated OT's on our floor! LOL :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. awwww yay A! He'll be in good hands with you!! You are so focused on helping others that I'm sure he'll have good progress.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations Annie! It's so awesome to move from school to career!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome, Annie! Congrats! :)

    ReplyDelete