Monday, November 28, 2011

RIP Loi Ha

RIP Loi Ha (Vinh's grandma)

Most recent picture taken mid-June 2011

She passed away Sunday night in her sleep at El Camino Hospital with family surrounding her. After, they had a Buddhist monk perform the death ritual in her hospital room with family still around. I did not attend as I wanted their family to grieve together. That night I had a dream & she was in it & I felt as if she was saying goodbye to me despite her not saying anything. Vinh interpreted that as she has gone on to nirvana & that she considered me a part of the family if she came to say bye...

I went with his family to a Vietnamese Buddhist Temple in San Jose to a ceremony put on to help aid Vinh's grandma's ascent to nirvana. The monks & everyone in the room sends their good karma to her so that she is able to go to nirvana & not go through the life cycle again. Of course, everything was in Vietnamese so Vinh had to translate when he could. I just went along with their prayers even though I'm not part of the religion nor do I know what is going on. However, I did do it to support his family in their time of grief...

On Vinh's graduation day 2009

On my graduation day 2011

8 comments:

  1. condolences to the both of you :(
    i think it's good that she passed away sleeping. she didn't suffer any pain.. or something.

    i'm sure she was really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear that sweetie :( she looks like such a lovely lady too. And the ceremony sounded beautiful. I hope Vinh and his family are doing okay, and you too. Take care sweetheart *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry to hear about this :( The ceremony for her sounded very beautiful and peaceful. I hope Vinh and his family are doing well and that you're holding up too. Take care twinnie *EXTRA HUGS!* ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry for your and Vinh's loss. :( Glad she was able to pass peacefully though, and the ceremony sounds lovely. I hope that she is where she wants to be now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry for your and Vinh's loss. <33

    ReplyDelete
  6. My thoughts are with you,vihn & his family!! your blog was a lovely tribute to her :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. She looked like such a sweet lady. I'm so sorry to hear that she passed on :( Thoughts and prayers with you, vinh, and his family. What a sweet blog :) *sending hugs your way*
    Love~

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am really sorry for your loss sweetie <3 <3

    ReplyDelete