Saturday, January 28, 2012

ZOYA Nail Polish Review

After waiting for almost three weeks, my two free Zoya nail polishes arrived in the mail yesterday! So why not write a review?

2 acrylic trays & my box of nail polish

I saw a promotion going around for two free Zoya nail polishes as long as you pay shipping & handling. I decided to go to their website to check it out. What caught my attention was this statement "Long wearing, vegan friendly, formaldehyde, toluene, camphor & dibutyl phthalate free professional natural nail polish & treatments. No parabens." Once I got the box with my nail polishes, the box was made from recycled paper & the ink was soy-based.

My gorgeous nail polishes

Anyhoo, it took me forever to choose my two colors since there were so many to choose from! After narrowing them down, I finally chose Bailey & Tangy as my two colors. What I loved about their website is that they are very descriptive & it also tells you how sheer or opaque the nail polish is.

Pretty Bailey

Zoya describes Bailey as: "Light neutral pink sheer base with cool pink duochrome shimmer and sparkling silver microglitter. Not your average sheer pink- Bailey is spiked with girly glamour!" I like how you can barely tell it's on my finger, great if you want to be discreet about your nail polish. It does have a great shimmer though. The above photo has two coats of Bailey done.

Fun Tangy

Zoya describes Tangy as: "A bright apple green shimmer with peachy-orange duochrome. Fun and funky yet easy to wear." I love this green! It makes me think of spring & fun. In the picture above, I only have one coat of Tangy since I like my nail polish more on the sheer side :)

I like sheer: 2 coats of Bailey & 1 coat of Tangy :)

I think I'd definitely order more in the future, but for now, I'm quite content with my current two colors! If there is ever a promotion to get Zoya for cheap, I suggest you use it & give them a try :)

2 comments:

  1. Glad you finally got them and they didn't get lost somewhere! Love the colors you picked out!! They are very springy! Like Filoli!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty colors :)

    ReplyDelete