Tuesday, March 20, 2012

OTR Celebration!

Obviously I haven't really updated since I passed my exam, but I have been on cloud 9 ever since. So what did I exactly do after finding out I passed? I called Vinh at 6:30am to tell him the good news & ended up waking up my sister. Then I proceeded to go tell my parents & scared my mom awake with the good news, lol. Afterwards, I tried to sleep, but to no avail so I woke up to take a shower & started doing my California licensure application. I had to also get passport photos & do fingerprinting via LiveScan. Then I happily sent off my licensure application at the post office :)

With my licensure application

I found out Vinh went to work early since he couldn't sleep either & he called to say that he was coming home early so that we could celebrate my passing! He wanted to take me out to eat, but wasn't thrilled when I said IHOP, haha. We somehow ended up at the Cheesecake Factory, which we then stuffed ourselves silly with yummy food.

Shrimp, steak & a spiked milkshake ;)

Now fast forward to today. I found out that my application got to the state board a'ok thanks to registered mail. Thus, the job hunt began! I ended up applying to two places so far: El Camino Hospital & Select Therapies. Both jobs are full time OT positions. Obviously one is a hospital/acute inpatient setting & the other is more of a rehab setting. Let's see if either will give me an interview &/or a job *crosses fingers*

I have also bought myself two gifts as a "job well done." I shall reveal those sometime in the future as I have to wait for one still. I will say that the one I already have is Coach. Also, today marks 5 months 'til I say "I do!"

2 comments:

  1. Congrats!! Good luck on the job hunt!! I wonder if Stanford has any positions. Haha.

    Nom! I love Cheesecake factory.

    Ahh, I'm getting married next month. The feeling is starting to sink in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy for you!! LOL about scaring everyone awake!!! :) :)
    Any place who ends up getting you will be so lucky! Wishing you luck!! Love you bestie!!!! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete