Monday, April 30, 2012

Last Day of Freedom

Well tomorrow's my first day in the adult world. No longer a student, uncertified or unlicensed OT. I will be an OTR/L tomorrow actually making money. It's all so very exciting & yet I'm slightly anxious as well since I am going to be in a new setting that I've never worked in. I work from 7:30AM-4:00PM this whole week so that the rehab director is there to help me get situated with the routine & where everything is. After this week, I can start at any time. Vinh & I were thinking of working 8:00AM-4:30PM since we'll be carpooling after my first week :)

Today has been anything but super easy or relaxing though. I've gone to the post office to send of my $369 check (self employment for fieldwork #1) to the IRS *sigh* Then I drove my sister & mom to Taco Bell for lunch & filled up gas on the way home. Also had to drop off my mom's prescription at the pharmacy (which I have to pick up soon). I'm pretty sure I'll be going to buy dinner for the family later tonight as well. Who needs R&R in the adult world?! JK ;)

9 comments:

  1. Congrats on getting a job! It's very exciting to be an "adult". I hope you like your new job and good luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you Cindy! I'm sure I will like my new job, just need some adjustment time, hehe :)

      Delete
  2. Best of luck tomorrow, hun!!! I can't wait to hear all about it! :D
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. *gulps* one day its my turn too! wish you all the best! I'm sure it'll be fine hahaha :D!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Xie xie bao bei!
      Yes, it will be your turn soon enough XD

      Delete
  4. WOOT WOOT <3 <3 Look at you go :) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, see Annie run & work with patients :P

      Delete
  5. I miss you but wow look how far you've came!!! Amazing job A!!!! *hugs* SO proud of yas!!!!!

    ReplyDelete