Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Titanic 3D

When I first heard that Titanic was coming out in 3D for its 15-year anniversary, I admit I was skeptical. As the opening day drew closer, I knew that I really wanted to see it on the big screen again. Vinh ended up going with me (complaining that he cannot believe tickets were $15 each). We saw it tonight, the night before opening day since we get special 3D glasses & a limited Titanic poster (supposed to be a lithograph, but I'm not complaining).

Look at his skeptical face :P

Before the movie started, we spotted a guy sitting by himself. We figured that maybe his significant other was buying snacks, but the movie start & he was still alone. Vinh made a joke that he's forever alone: level Titanic...lol.

The awesome thing about tonight's showing that surprised us both was that there were no lame new movie previews; it went straight to the movie! I have to admit, I haven't really watched the movie in it's entirety since it came out on VHS (gosh, I feel old). After watching it tonight, I got every reference, joke, etc. I couldn't believe they mentioned Picasso, Freud, Monet & such, haha. I have to admit, I fell in love with this movie again, even more so now that I understand it so much more compared to my 10-year old self. Vinh agreed that he thoroughly enjoyed the movie (since he didn't understand English when he saw it) & even said it was totally worth the $15! I was shocked he said that to be honest, but pleasantly happy :)

On a completely dork note, I told Vinh I had two heart of the oceans on me tonight: my engagement ring & the little blue heart that I got at the Titanic museum in Missouri with my besties ♥

Sucha fangirl :P

The two posters I got tonight :)

Yes, I would definitely recommend y'all to go see Titanic 3D. I mean it was only the biggest movie during that time. Plus, oogling at young Leo again didn't hurt ;)

5 comments:

  1. Haha that's nice that Vinh was willing to go with you. I don't know if I'd want to see it again on the big screen. Cool posters though!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwwww see! Glad it turned out to be such a great time <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooo the posters you got were totally awesome! whoohoo!!
    Yay for Vinh liking it and such!
    I've watched it many a times since it came out on [VHS] since it's on tv so much but I've never sat and watched it in it's entirety. We were so young when it came out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. poster nya bagus sekali

    ReplyDelete
  5. Uwaaah! titanic. I wanna watch again :D Probably will watch it in Singapore or so(since we have one day to go shopping and stuff) HAHAHA :D! <3

    ReplyDelete