Monday, May 14, 2012

Happy Mother's Day

I hope everyone had a great Mother's Day yesterday! I had a busy day yesterday with my mother's side having a potluck for lunch & then having my wedding dress altered.

Our free Mother's Day card from Treat


We had a nice potluck lunch at my grandparents' house with my mother's side of the family. However, a good half of the family thought it was from noon & after whereas it was actually 10AM to noon, lol. So my family waited a good 2.5 hours before others started to arrive. I love home cooked food from my family though, it was delightful! I got to distribute my wedding invites to my relatives as well (hand delivering is so much more fun!) & they were all ecstatic for me. I think it's safe to say that most of them will be showing up :)

Flowers we got our grandma

I had to leave the party at 1:45PM because I had my wedding dress alterations appointment at David's Bridal at 2:30PM. Before I left, I said goodbye to everyone & my eldest aunt was all telling my older cousin (who recently got engaged) "Annie graduated with her Masters, has her license, is working & is getting married." All I felt was awkwardness since my mother's side thinks of me as the "prodigal daughter" that everyone wants. I could see it in my cousin's face that he wasn't too thrilled, but said "congrats" anyways. I quickly fled the scene after that awkward encounter.

Look how much they're taking in :P

My sisters & I left for home to pick up my dress & shoes & arrived with about 10 minutes to spare. I went on in early & got into my dress so they could pin it up, down & all around. I pretty sure they're taking an inch off on each side & shortening a good two inches so I don't trip. I decided to ask them to put in cups so I don't need to wear a bra, haha! It felt somewhat surreal while I was standing there being pinned up. I think it's started to sink in that I am going to get hitched in August :)

8 comments:

  1. Such an adorable card <3 <3
    I made one from there as well :)

    Glad you had a wonderful Mother's day!

    The dress is absolutely STUNNING & definitely taking in quite a bit :) :)
    It will hit you soon enough <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Treat, TinyPrints, etc!

      I loooove my wedding dress & I can't wait 'til it fits absolutely perfectly! :D

      Delete
  2. The dress is sooo beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Bethy :D

      Delete
  3. o0o your wedding is soon approaching!! The dress looks beautiful on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very, very soon! Thank you! I can't wait to show off the whole dress come wedding day :DD

      Delete
  4. The details in your dress is simply beautiful A! You will look absolutely amazing!
    Glad your family dinner went well even with the awkwardness. lol at your fam for showing up late.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I absolutely love my dress *giggle*

      Delete