Monday, May 28, 2012

Memorial Day Weekend

I thoroughly enjoyed my 3-day weekend after working successfully for four weeks now! After work on Friday, Vinh & I went to have dinner at Black Bear Diner. What was awesome about the place is that their first location is in Mt. Shasta! Now I'll definitely be looking for that when I go back to visit Trinity County in July. Anyhoo, afterwards we went to the Great Mall again. I promised I'd buy Vinh a leather jacket after getting my first paycheck. I also ended up having quite the shoe fetish & bought 3 pairs of shoes...

Adidas running shoes from Sports Authority

Nine West teal/turquoise stilettos

Nine West red print wedges

On Saturday, Vinh had to work so I took my mom to St. John's Bar & Grill for 50% off burgers. She loved it, yay! Vinh also decided to sleep over for the night since my sisters were gone all weekend at Fanime :P

On Sunday, I took Vinh to eat at Blue Line Pizza in Campbell & he liked their Chicago deep dish pizza! We got the spicy chicken wings as an appetizer while we waited 30 minutes for our vegetarian deep dish pizza *drool* Afterwards, we walked around the farmer's market going on & ended up getting strawberries, blueberries, raw whole milk & raspberry honey sticks!


Afterwards, we went on the hunt for mason jars to use as our wedding favors, but to no avail. However, we did book a cabin at River's End for our mini weekend honeymoon in October! I can't wait :D We're still looking for an officiant since the Buddhist monk we wanted was on inactive status due to medical issues (though we liked him). We have another person in mind & I'll be asking on Friday after work *fingers crossed*

Today, we found our 8-ounce mason jars at Orchard Supply Hardware & we didn't have to pay tax for them, woot! We already have ideas of what to put in the jar for our favors. Now I need to create a cute tag/label to decorate the outside of it with! That folks was my 3-day weekend! Now back to work one last week before I turn a quarter of a century old on Saturday :P

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great weekend!! I like the turquoise shoes. Those blueberries look delicious, and I love St. John's! Esp their curry ketchup. Nom~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The curry ketchup is my fave as well *drool*

      Delete
  2. OK JEALOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I WANT BLACK BEAR :( :( :( I miss their food LIKE crazy :) It's right off the highway in Shasta too. So not hard to miss. They have the Hi-Lo in Weed, which is a knock off of Black Bear. I was told husband & wife had Black bear, they split & one opened the Hi-Lo. So great food either way :)

    WOOT WOOT a sweet romantic cabin <3 <3 :) :) Glad you had a great weekend toots <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Black Bear was delish, but oh so fattening, haha! If I do end up in Weed, I'll go try Hi-Lo :P

      Delete
  3. wow! I can't believe you actually bought wedges!! SO cute!!! I would be like 7 feet tall in those haha
    I want to steal those sneakers!! LOVE PINK!

    That mini honeymoon sounds amazing!! Great ideas! Can't wait to see what you plan to do with the mason jar favors!!! It's coming up so fast!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love my wedges, haha!
      I can't wait for the mini honeymoon *giggle*

      Delete