Saturday, May 26, 2012

Sally Hansen Salon Effects Review



Goodies contained within

The fourth product that I tested from the Influenster Spring Beauty VoxBox 2012 was the Sally Hansen Salon Effects. I was hoping to get a cool design & I ended up with the Frock Star design. Initially, I was slightly bummed that I basically got a confetti mess to test out, lol. The packaging for this product was simple & straightforward. The box contained: 2 packets of 8 nail strips, nail file, nail cuticle stick & a sheet of instructions. These nail shields are DBP, toluene & formaldehyde free & are supposed to last up to 10 days. I have been wearing mine for a week two weeks now with them still intact!

First off, figure out which nail strip fits which nail best. I trimmed some of them since my nails are tiny. Next, use the cuticle stick to push back your cuticles. Then using a cotton swab, just clean the top of your nails with nail polish remover to get rid of any excess dirt/particles before applying your nail strips. Now start applying your nail shields with your pinky first & working your way towards your thumb. After peeling the plastic & backing away from my nail shield, I cut them in half to do both pinkies at the same time since my nails were small enough to do so. If the nail shield doesn't fit perfect, you can mold it slightly by pushing & dragging the shield. With glitter designs, don't drag too much as it'll ruin the design. After you finished molding it to your finger, grab your nail file & file off the excess (you can use small scissors to cut as well)  with the rough end & round it off with the smooth end. Viola, you finished applying a nail shield! Yes, I didn't apply these incorrectly & actually read the directions, lol!

Finished salon effects on my nails :)

Despite initially not liking the design, I slowly fell in love with them. However, I renamed them to disco nails, haha! I have received many compliments about my nails throughout the week at work & people were amazed that it was a nail polish sticker basically. One of my coworkers said that the nails matched my rings, hehe. I am actually quite amazed at the durability of these nail shields seeing as how I wash my hands constantly at work & they still stayed intact! Lucky for me, I still have another 8 shields to use in the future. Otherwise, for the price that Sally Hansen is selling these for, I'd rather buy a bottle of Zoya instead since it's more than a one time use :)

PROS: no dry time, just peel & apply, long lasting, comfortable feel, mold-able, real nail polish, available in most drug stores, many different colors/designs
CONS: pricey for only one time use ($9.99), heard that the company tests their products on animals, slightly hard to remove glitter shields from finger with nail polish

DISCLAIMER: All products received are complimentary for testing purposes from Influenster's VoxBox program.

8 comments:

  1. I'm not sure if you have "5 Below" in California, but they have them for $5 there. :) It's the best price I've seen so far. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never seen a 5 Below before, darn it :P

      Delete
  2. LOVE THESE THO :) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it, too! I'm still wearing mine going on 8-9 days ;)

      Delete
  3. Our local Big Lots has Halloween designs for $2! i should pick some up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm... I should check out Big Lots sometime then ;)

      Delete
  4. I was waiting to read that you put them on upside down but alas they look great! Laughing at you thinking they were a confetti mess but I love them! I sure didn't get my "kiss" brand ones to last even 3 days so maybe the sally ones are better quality.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These were definitely better than the KISS ones! ;)

      Delete