Saturday, July 14, 2012

The Color Run

Thanks to Cindy, I heard about The Color Run & thought it looked like a super fun 5k to do! Basically you wear mostly white & during certain checkpoints called color zones, you get a color thrown on you so by the finish line, you're an awesome shade of rainbow! The best part is that you can run, walk, skip, whatever you want on the course. There's no timing involved...just a lot of fun ;)

After work on Wednesday, Vinh & I drove through traffic to head to Sports Basement in SF to get our pre-race packet that included our bib, headband, t-shirt, temporary tattoo, wristband & a packet of color (finely ground cornstarch that's dyed). I actually got pink & Vinh got blue :P

Our packet of goodies :)


Today was race day! The Color Run was so popular for SF that it opened up two races! After grabbing some pho for an early lunch, Vinh & I headed up to Candlestick Park. We arrived a little past noon & just waited for the event to start. We ended up in wave #4 to start our colorful adventure. The guy on the mic made us warm up by bouncing to the beat of the music that was playing & then he goes "also congrats to the newly engaged couple in wave #4!" Yup, someone proposed at the starting line :)

Us all clean pre-race

Wave #4 is ready to start!

We jogged a little bit at the beginning, but decided to walk since it was so nice out in SF today. It took us a little under an hour to finish I think (not sure since we didn't have a watch/phone on us). We had TONS of fun in the color zones & surprisingly the color didn't irritate our eyes, noses, or airways! I totally got quite a bit of color on me despite what it may look like in the below photos ;)

Us all colored up post-race

Don't mind my expression, look at the cool shadow!

Post-race party shot through my colored ziploc bag

Carrying the bride? :P

We didn't stay for the post-race party since we wanted to head home to nap. We brought a change of clothes, but we decided to just put our beach towels on the seat since we didn't want to change in the portapotties. We took a different scenic route home to avoid the traffic :P

Vinh totally got nailed with color in the face

My hair had a huge drop of orange fall on it

The damage done to my shirt

Special thanks to Stina's Sweet Boutique for making my white tutu! Vinh & I are definitely going to partake in The Color Run again next year if it comes around the Bay! If you're thinking about doing a fun 5k, you should check out this one :)

12 comments:

  1. haha not enough color on you my friend! <3
    PRFury

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did have quite a bit of color, but most of it flew off when I dashed to the finish line *pouts* Trust me, I wanted lots of color ;)

      Delete
  2. I really want to do this and will maybe next year!! I have seen people covered in paint so it doesn't look like you all got it too bad. Looks like fun, so glad you had a good time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You so should Tara! I had quite a bit of color, just all flew off when I ran to the finish line, lol! It was great fun :D

      Delete
  3. So much fun!! That is an amazing idea, it looks like you guys had a blast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was SUPER fun! You totally have to try it when you come back to the States, Ashley :DD

      Delete
  4. I so wanted to do this run after you posted about it a few months back! (Pregnancy got in the way, haha)

    It looks like a blast! I do love the picture of Vinh's face all covered, haha. Did it wash out of your hair easily? Though it might be fun to go to work with orange streaks! :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Come do it with us next July! I just saw that they are planning to come back!

      It washed out alright, though I didn't try too hard either. It came off the hair easily, not the scalp. I told Vinh I was supposed to be a redhead ;)

      Delete
  5. You look great in the tutu! Looks like you had a really good time. Great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'll be wearing it next year, hehe :)

      Delete
  6. :( :( :( :( I am sooooooooooooooooooo jealous!
    Both of the runs located by me were COMPLETELY BOOKED & I never made it :( I hope next year!
    Looks like you had a BLAST tho :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, definitely do it next year, Kim!
      Sign up for their email list & you'll know exactly when they start registration ;)

      Delete