Friday, July 6, 2012

Sally Hansen Magnetic Nail Color Review

Magnetic nail polish?!

The first product I tested from the Influenster Summer Beauty VoxBox 2012 was the Sally Hansen Magnetic Nail Color. I was super excited to see this in my voxbox since I had been seeing the magnetic nail polish trend going around & wanted to try it out! I got the ionic indigo color to test out.

The goods :P

First, you apply one coat of the nail polish to all 10 fingernails & let completely dry. Next, put on a thick coat of nail polish on one fingernail & immediately place magnet above nail for 10-15 seconds (do not move the magnet side-to-side, stay still). Repeat until all 10 fingernails are gorgeous! For a how-to video, check here. I did make mistakes like smearing the polish, but it was easily removed by nail polish remover unlike some other polishes.

Look at how pretty my nails are :)

I love how my nails looked after using this nail polish. I do love how I got ionic indigo for my color though! However, I'm not sure if I'd buy another bottle since it literally takes me ages to finish one bottle of nail polish. Maybe in the distant future. I will be showing my awesome nails off to everyone though ;)

PROS: fair price ($9.99), trendy look, easy application/directions, simple design to attach magnet to the nail polish bottle, long lasting (at least 7 days with a top coat)
CONS: heard that the company tests their products on animals, slightly slow drying time

DISCLAIMER: All products received are complimentary for testing purposes from Influenster's VoxBox program.

6 comments:

  1. Ooo, cool! i had no idea that is how it works. i'll have to try mine correctly now. Haha.
    i got a purple! My favorite. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LMAO! I know, friggin' directions. I somehow knew you'd get purple! Can't wait to see photos ;)

      Delete
  2. ohhhhhhh I love that :)
    I definitely WANT to try :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You so have to try it Kimbo :)

      Delete
  3. That looks so pretty Annie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's super pretty! You have to try it Nancy :D

      Delete