Sunday, July 8, 2012

Three Day Weekend!

I finally had a full weekend plus one day off this week! I haven't had a good weekend off for the past few weeks so it was definitely a time for rejuvenation & relaxation!

Lychee mint soda & mango colada

Vinh was stressing after work on Friday so I decided to take him out to Oryza Bistro Asiana for dinner. The food was served family style & quite yummy. Vinh thought it was ok, his favorite thing was my lychee mint soda, lol.

Pad Thai & cauliflower potato curry

Afterwards, we decided to walk around Valley Fair since we were all fat from dinner. We ended up in Sanrio & I saw that they has surprise goodie bags. This brought back memories of the Sunnyvale Mall Sanrio & how I'd loved getting these surprise bags. Vinh chose & bought me a $20 surprise bag that can contain $65-$80 worth of stuff inside. I got a Hello Kitty bow purse, a cute folder, lip gloss & a cell phone strap. Vinh rolled his eyes at the bag he chose, especially the purse, lol.

$20 surprise goodie bag

Close up of my goodies

Then we headed on into Bath & Body Works to check out their semi-annual sale. I ended up getting some hand soap & a little Carried Away scented spray. Vinh got two little lotion bottles for his upcoming new job :P

Carried away spray & peach bellini hand soap

On Saturday, I joined the men to help with the groomsmen's tuxedo rentals at Elite Menswear. Honestly, I wouldn't trust men with choosing the right shade of blue, lol. We got a discount package since the owner knew me from when I worked for the mall as a customer service rep. It wasn't too awkward of a time for me surprisingly & Vinh was pleasantly surprised that I played nice, haha. All I have to say is our men will definitely be "like a sir" come wedding day (monocles, mustaches & top hats please! JK) :P

John, William, Vinh & Henry lookin' dapper :P

I didn't do much today except lounging around & blogging, haha. I think I thoroughly enjoyed my 3-day weekend :)

14 comments:

  1. aww great post! your dinner looks so yummy!!

    and aww i remember sanrio surprise bags! you got some super super cute things inside the surprise grab bag.. that bow bag is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lisa! Dinner was yummy :9

      Someone else remembers Sanrio surprise bags, yay! The bow bag is cute & I feel a kiddie OOTD coming on :P

      Delete
  2. Delicious food, cute grab bags--- brings back nostalgia :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very yummy! Nostalgia at it's finest :)

      Delete
  3. I like Oryza! Their lychee mint soda is good. That HK purse is super cute!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really liked their lychee mint soda! I'm gonna do a HK-inspired OOTD soon...hopefully :P

      Delete
  4. That food looks delicious, so do the drinks!

    Come and checkout my blog if you get a chance :)
    http://borrowedwardrobe.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were all very yummy!
      I'll be sure to check your blog out :)

      Delete
  5. You two are always out having fun <3 <3 :) :)
    Those Tux look HANDSOME! LOL :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gotta work hard & play harder ;)
      Our sexy men come August, lol!

      Delete
  6. those drinks look and sound delicious!!!
    would love for you to check out my new post

    http://fashionblends.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were yummy!
      I'll be sure to stop by your blog :)

      Delete
  7. Mango colada must be delicious!

    http://www.blindpassionforfashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not as good as the mint tea! :9

      Delete