Sunday, August 26, 2012

Last Day of Work as Miss Wong

My last day of work before taking 1.5 weeks off for the wedding was 8/15. I only had half a day so I went in during my usual time, but then ended up finishing treating my patients early. I was asked to help move things since we were going to be relocating our rehab gym during my days off. After I finished with helping pack/move, Linda asked me to be her aide to assist with one of my patients to stand.

Afterwards, I was telling Linda that we'd be late to our rehab meeting so I started speedwalking back to the gym. Linda starts saying "wait for me, you're walking too fast!" & then she goes "wait, I need to get something in the small gym *goes & looks around before going to the big gym*" We get to the big gym's door & it's locked so she knocks on the door, Rhady opens the door but wouldn't let us in for a few seconds. Afterwards, I walk in & see that the whole rehab team has thrown me a potluck sendoff! Let's just say I've never had a surprise party of any sort so this pretty much rocked :D

Our gelatin & flan cake *drool*

All the yummy food!

The rehab team pretty much ragged on me the whole week on "leaving them to get married," but that was just their cover for the surprise party. Ellen was saying "It was so hard to keep this from you!" I love how much effort & time they spent on throwing us this party :)

Us with all the food

They wanted a kiss so here it is ;)

Right before cutting the cake, the ADON (assistant director of nursing) was asking me "so who's the boss, you or Vinh?" & so I told him to ask Vinh. Vinh replied with "she's the boss, whatever she says, I'll just go 'yes dear'" :P

Cutting the cake, lol

Blender from Linda & her family!

I had so much leftover food to take home, it was crazy. Afterwards, I got things ready at home & then Vinh & I headed to SJC airport to pick up Paula. This was the beginning to all of our crazy wedding adventures ;)

10 comments:

  1. That was so sweet of them!! Love the pics of you and Vinh! :)

    The food looked so good too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was super sweet of them, especially since I'm the newbie OT :P
      The food was friggin' yummy *drool*

      Delete
  2. How cute! LOL @ Who's the boss.

    i remember after i got married, my boss paged me into the office with my new last name. It was embarrassing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, I'm the boss ;)
      OMG, I hope my boss doesn't do that! Thankfully, she doesn't have a pager :P

      Delete
  3. That was awesome! Sounds like great co-workers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love my coworkers :)

      Delete
  4. I love surprise parties. It's so cool that they did something special for you. Also, I'm really craving fruit after seeing that photo haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, I was really happy that they did all that for me :)

      Delete
  5. hahaha I love the pics of you and vinh! So much yummy food!! That was awesome that your fellow workers put that surprise party together for you! Shows just how much you guys are loved at your workplace! :)
    oh the start of our adventures! Great blogs to come fo sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely great blogs to come! Love my coworkers :P

      Delete