Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Our Wedding Ceremony Style

Here was a breakdown of our ceremony style that was designed to be nonreligious & short in duration. Nonreligious seeing as how I don't have one & short because we knew that our guests wouldn't want to sit under the hot sun. The actual ceremony was about 15-20 minutes. Special thanks to Oh Lovely Day for the template that we tweeked :)

Parents walking me down the aisle

  • PRE-CEREMONY ACTIVITIES (4:30PM-5:00PM)
    • WARMING OF THE RINGS ~ Done as guests are arriving. Our wedding rings will be placed in a paper flower & passed around to guests who are asked to place their good thoughts & blessings on them. 
      • The wedding rings are the strongest and most visable sign of the bond these two people are about to make. As these rings are passed amongst you, please hold them and give them your personal blessings. The ring warming means the rings will not only be a gift from the bride and groom to each other, but will be given with the love, support, and wisdom of all present.
    • GUESTBOOK SIGNING ~ Done as guests are arriving. Little pokeballs are placed next to our framed guestbook. Guests are asked to sign their name & stick it onto our guestbook.
    • PRELUDE MUSIC (4:45PM-5:00PM)
      • Marry Me – Train, I Promise You – Backstreet Boys, I Do (Cherish You) – 98 Degrees

  • PROCESSIONAL (Marry You – Bruno Mars)
    • Vinh’s dad & stepmom
    • Vinh & his mom
    • William & Sonya
    • Henry, Paula & John
    • Annie’s dad, Annie & Annie’s mom
  • WELCOME REMARKS & OPENING STATEMENTS (Officiant - Mr. Lavelle)
  • FIRST READING (Best Man - William)
    • “Why Marriage” by Mari Nichols-Haining
      Because to the depths of me, I long to love one person,
      With all my heart, my soul, my mind, my body...
      Because I need a forever friend to trust with the intimacies of me,
      Who won't hold them against me,
      Who loves me when I'm unlikable,
      Who sees the small child in me, and
      Who looks for the divine potential of me...
      Because I need to cuddle in the warmth of the night
      With someone who thanks God for me,
      With someone I feel blessed to hold...
      Because marriage means opportunity
      To grow in love in friendship...
      Because marriage is a discipline
      To be added to a list of achievements...
      Because marriages do not fail, people fail
      When they enter into marriage
      Expecting another to make them whole...
      Because, knowing this,
      I promise myself to take full responsibility
      For my spiritual, mental and physical wholeness
      I create me, I take half of the responsibility for my marriage
      Together we create our marriage...
      Because of this understanding
      The possibilities are limitless.
  • EXCHANGE OF VOWS (repeat after Mr. Lavelle, Vinh & Annie)
    • I, Annie/Vinh take you, Vinh/Annie, to be my husband/wife, my constant friend, and my love from this day forward. I vow to be your faithful partner, in sickness and in health, in good times and in bad, in joy as well as sorrow. I promise to love you unconditionally, to support you in your goals, and to cherish and respect you. I will love and honor you all the days of my life
  • EXCHANGE OF RINGS (repeat after Mr. Lavelle, Vinh & Annie)
    • Vinh, take Annie’s ring and place it on her finger and repeat after me:
      I give you this ring as a sign that I choose you
      To be my lover, my partner and my best friend, to the end of my days
      Wear it, think of me, and know that I love you
    • Annie, take Vinh’s ring and place it on his finger and repeat after me:
      I give you this ring as a sign that I choose you
      To be my lover, my partner and my best friend, to the end of my days
      Wear it, think of me, and know that I love you
  • BLESSING OF US AS A MARRIED COUPLE
  • INTRODUCTION OF THE COUPLE
  • RECESSIONAL (I Love Your Existence – Alex Goot)

  • POST-CEREMONY ACTIVITIES (5:20PM-6:30PM)
    • Reception details for family members & friends (Officiant - Mr. Lavelle)
    • Refreshments, sign guestbook, explore the gardens, but first a group photo with all guests 
    • Photos with family & friends

Walking back down as hubsta & wifey

Maybe this will help any & all future brides-to-be in planning a quick & easy ceremony :)

13 comments:

  1. You had a beautiful ceremony! It's great to see everyone so happy in the last pic!!! :) :) woohoo Congrats anniebananniemai

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my wonderful bridesmaid! ;D

      Delete
  2. It sounds lovely! And I'm sure your guests appreciated the brevity (Catholic ceremonies go three hours, yikes). I've never heard of warming of the rings, but it's a sweet idea! All that happy, positive energy for you both :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Quite lovely! I loved how the ceremony was quick & we had more time to hang with our guests & each other :)

      Delete
  3. Wow... just WOW!!!
    You are so beautiful, and what an amazing ceremony. I wish I could have been there!
    I'm so happy for you, sweetie! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you so much Emily! :D

      Delete
  4. ANNIE MAI! Thank you SO much for sharing your wedding ceremony with us! I can tell it was a beautiful celebration! CONGRATULATIONS! =D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Christina9:17 PM

    ANNIE MAI! Thank you SO much for sharing your wedding ceremony with us! I can tell it was a beautiful celebration! CONGRATULATIONS! =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Christina :D

      Delete
  6. *sobs* ;_; I just had to die a little for the first pic where your parents walked you down the isle. You looked sooo nicee ;_____;)/

    omg i LOVE the layout here btw! <33!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. Gracias, it was totally awesome :D

      Delete