Saturday, October 6, 2012

CMYE: Yelp's Mobile Mashup

On September 27th, I was able to attend my very first Yelp event: Yelp's Mobile Mashup! It was held at Club Auto Sport in San Jose. Steve drove Vinh & I there & we probably got there 15 minutes before non-elite members got to go in. We first stopped by the little alien spaceship thingy & realized it was a little gaming center, haha. The line to head on into the event actually moved pretty quickly to my surprise!

Alien spaceship gaming center

There were so many vendors at this event, it was simply amazing! For a complete list of vendors, check here. Basically, you donated $10 & you get to eat everything & drink everything (including champagne, wine, sangria & beer) for free! I did not think that the event would be this big so I was super surprised with the turnout. Good thing I didn't eat too much for dinner since I got stuffed with all these free samples from the amazing vendors. My favorite was definitely the tri-tip, om nom nom!

Asian chicken salad, caramel marshmellow, chowder & tri-tip, mac & cheese

Giant cardboard robot & avocado mango roll

Enjoying ourselves with sangria

While waiting for Vinh to get his roll at Michi, Tiff yelled at me & I got to see Cindy, too! They both finally got to meet the hubsta, haha. We somehow ran into each other again while waiting to get facepainted by Poppy. I wanted something pretty & sparkly to match my top & Poppy did just that! He's so talented & super quick at it as well. He was also a pleasure to talk to during the whole painting process :)

Fabulous facepaint by Poppy

I think I had about 5 drinks by the time we left the event, but I wasn't tipsy at all since it was spread so spread out during our stay. I also think I had the most powerful beer in the world for my last drink, the taste was so strong that it like punched you!

Yelp! 

Horrible cell phone pic, but it's cute :)

I ended up coming home with some free schwag! If you checked into the event on Yelp, you got a free piece of swag. I chose the Yelp sunnies since I needed some new sunnies, hehe. I also won a wine bottle corkscrew from one of the winery vendors. I got a sample of butter rum cotton candy as well as full bottles of Honest Tea & Neuro :)

Free schwag: honest tea, neuro drink, cotton candy, wine corkscrew & Yelp sunnies

Starring You Photo Booth photo

I had a hard time getting the glitter off of me from the facepaint that I went into work still glittery, lol. People were asking what happened yesterday & then they were like "Yelp has events, what?!" Overall, I think my first Yelp event was awesome! I can't wait to get into another one. Maybe I'll make it into elite next year...? One can hope, haha! I shall now leave you with our photobooth from the night ;)

Want to know more about Yelp Elite & Yelp community events? Just ask & I'll gladly answer, just be sure to leave your contact info!

8 comments:

  1. Love your pictures and glad you had a great time. Hopefully you'll reach elite level soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was great running into you & hopefully I'll reach elite, haha :P

      Delete
  2. hahaha You had to go to work with glitter all over! Totally laughing at you!
    At least that got some convos started or rumors..(like what the heck does annie do on her free time?!) ROFL!
    Lovin the yelp sunnies to cute!
    Sounds like that it was a fun event! Wish I could have been there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A fairy exploded on me the night before ;)
      You should start Yelping & see if there's an elite squad near you :P

      Delete
  3. *gasp* I CAN NEVER FIND ANYONE WHO WANTS TO GET THEIR FACE PAINTED WITH ME!!! You and me. It's happening. Someday. Somewhere. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY! I'd love to get facepainted again, haha! Maybe we should just buy some & attempt to do it on each other (& Peanut, too)! :DD

      Delete
  4. thanks for sharing this cool event! looks like a lot of fun :) if you enjoy my blog too, would you like to follow each other? xo jess
    www.stylizedluxe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! You have a cute sense of style, I likey! Feel free to follow me & I'll follow you back :)

      Delete