Sunday, November 4, 2012

Halloween 2012

I'll have to say this year's Halloween made last year's Halloween look like utter crap (which it really was minus getting engaged a few days prior, haha)! Let's start off with I can actually dress up at work! I was not allowed to at all when I was interning at the hospital (& probably for good reason). I walked through the entrance & everyone started exclaiming "how cute!" I actually got quite a bit of attention the whole day from staff & patients alike. However, I noticed most people called me a bumblebee or butterfly *shakes head* I think about three people called me a ladybug, lol!

Ladybug, pirate, nun, 80's girl, painter & gnome


During lunch, the facility bought us all lunch & we also had a raffle for non-union workers. I had to bolt before the raffle started so that I could go finish treating my patients. My name ended up being called during the raffle & Vinh chose the prize for me: 3-pack frying pans in 8-, 10- & 12-inches. I love how everyone joked & said "Vinh chose those so you can hit him with it later."

Since I had time to spare, I ended up participating in the costume contest put on by the facility & judged by select residents. I ended up winning second place & getting a $25 Target gift card! The judges were tough cookies, that was for sure. It was very awkward walking around a room filled with people & being judged, lol.

My winnings!

Your little harlequin girl ;)

After work, I went home & changed into my costume for this year: harlequin girl! I forgot to put on my fake eyelashes, oh well... I love how the costume came out, hehe. Vinh & I headed to Chipotle to get our Halloween booritos before walking around my neighborhood in Sunnyvale. We stayed to watch Hocus Pocus before heading home to San Jose.

My favorite decorated Halloween house

I loved how fun this year's Halloween was! I already bought next year's costume for 50% off at the Spirit store. Hurry up Halloween 2013 *giggle*

10 comments:

  1. Yay for prizes, especially free ones ;)
    I love your Halloween outfits, you look super cute twinnie! Glad to hear you and Vinh had a great Halloween :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, free prizes rock! Thank you twinnie ♥

      Delete
  2. How cute! LOL @ the frying pan story. And yay for winning!

    Your Harlequin outfit was adorbs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The frying pan story is hilarious! Thank you m'dear ♥

      Delete
  3. Looks like you had a lot of fun this year!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I most certainly did :D

      Delete
  4. haha being called a butterfly or bumblebee when you were so obviously a lady bug!
    You were super cute in your costume! LOL about hitting vinh with frying pans :P

    I didn't know you dressed up a second time as a harlequin girl!! Very pretty!! Love your makeup!!
    Congrats on your winnings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right?! I'm a ladybug, duhhh!
      Yup, I dressed up again in not-so-appropriate-for-work-costume ;)

      Delete
  5. Cute costume! Congrats on winning. :) Well could clearly see you where a lady bug! lol & Vinh with the frying pans, haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Alicia! I know right? How can you get ladybug mixed up?! Craziness :P

      Delete