Tuesday, January 22, 2013

CMYE: Tango! with Quartet San Francisco

On January 18th, Vinh & I had the pleasure of attending Tango! with Quartet San Francisco & Peninsula Symphony event at the Fox Theatre with special thanks to Yelp for the complimentary tickets!

Symphony warming up

Vinh & I headed to Redwood City around 7PM so that we would arrive to nab our tickets at the box office early. Well thank goodness we left early! It took us about 15 minutes to get there, but almost 30 minutes to find parking. Downtown Redwood City was packed for a Friday night, who knew! After rushing into the box office to grab our tickets, we went to the concession stand to buy some popcorn & hot chocolate. I found it funny that the theatre sold these items, but I guess it did have other less fancy shows, hehe.

Me & the theatre details

Initially, I thought this would be some symphony thing where we'd just sit there watching the musicians play their music & nothing else. However, the both of us were pleasantly surprised that we thoroughly enjoyed the event! Not only was the music quite pleasant on the ears, there was actually a couple on stage that does professional tango! It was pretty darn awesome I say! To quote one of the SF Quartet members "I repeat, don't try any of these at home. What happens in the Fox Theatre stays in the Fox Theatre." *giggle*

Special thanks to Abby for choosing me as one of the ticket giveaway winners :)

Want to know more about Yelp Elite & Yelp community events? Just ask & I'll gladly answer, just be sure to leave your contact info!

4 comments:

  1. Awwww, that sounds like a lot of fun! I am glad you two enjoyed it :) Cute pictures too <3 !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was tons of fun surprisingly, thanks Kimbo :)

      Delete
  2. I've never been to a symphony, sounds interesting!
    Glad you two had fun though! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fun surprisingly, give it a try ;)

      Delete