Saturday, March 16, 2013

Maroon 5 Concert

On March 13, Vinh & I had a concert date that included Owl City, Neon Trees & Maroon 5! We were mostly there for Maroon 5 (more specifically sexy Adam Levine for me), but it was cool to have Owl City & Neon Trees perform as well. We left our apartment at 6:15PM & about a third of the way, I realized I left our tickets on the bed so we drove back to get them. We arrived at the HP Pavilion around 7PM & went in search of our section/seats.

Waiting for the concert to start!

We knew that my coworker Jen & her hubby Henrik were also at the concert, but we'd meet up for a bit after the concert was over since they were seated at the opposite side of the arena. Owl City started off the concert first & unfortunately, I didn't know most of the songs. I did record the two songs I did know: "Fireflies" & "Good Time." Right before performing "Fireflies," they asked that everyone pull out their phones, iPads, etc. to make lights to look like fireflies in the arena. It was quite a pretty site & probably one of my favorites of the night :)


Owl City performing his first song

Arena all lit up like fireflies :)

"Fireflies" by Owl City

Owl City still performing

"Good Time" by Owl City

After Owl City finished performing, they took a 30-minute intermission to set up all of the equipment for Neon Trees to perform next. Again, I didn't know that many songs by them other than: "Lessons in Love (All Day, All Night)" & "Everybody Talks." The lead singer was very energetic & liked twirling, lol. I dubbed him the fanciful unicorn :P

Neon Trees performing their first song

"Everybody Talks" by Neon Trees

After Neon Trees, we had another 30-minute equipment set up for the main attraction: Maroon 5!

Look how filled the arena is!

Maroon 5 started off with hearing a payphone ringing & then the white screen lights up with their band name & the member silhouettes & then it drops down to show Maroon 5 & the show began! Just about everyone in the arena was standing & dancing along!

Here's a list of all the songs they played (in order):

  • Payphone
  • Makes Me Wonder
  • Lucky Strike
  • Sunday Morning
  • 2 unknown songs
  • Won't Go Home Without You
  • Love Somebody
  • Harder To Breathe
  • Wake Up Call
  • One More Night
  • Misery
  • This Love
  • Stereo Hearts
  • Daylight
  • She Will Be Loved
  • Moves Like Jagger


Maroon 5 starting!

"I'm at a payphone trying to call home..."

"One in a million, my lucky strike"

"Lucky Strike" by Maroon 5

I love how they showcased all 5 members on the screen

"It's getting harder & harder to breathe"

"Baby, gimme one more night!"

"One More Night" by Maroon 5

"I am in misery, there ain't nobody that can comfort me"

"Misery" by Maroon 5

About two thirds through their performance, they dropped a bridge that allowed Adam to walk across to a tiny platform in the middle of the floor seating for a few songs. It was pretty awesome actually as I wasn't expecting it. I absolutely loved that Adam sang all of "Stereo Hearts" & did all the rapping as well. I actually liked it better than Gym Class Heroes' version ;)

"My heart's a stereo, it beats for you so listen close"

"& when the daylight comes I have to go..."

"Daylight" by Maroon 5

"& she will be loved..."

"I've got the moves like Jagger!"

"Moves Like Jagger" by Maroon 5

Glitter shooting everywhere

Take a bow gentlemen!

Afterwards, we met up with Jen & Henrik for a tiny bit even though we were all hard of hearing, lol. Poor couple had to work the next day while I planned a day off, haha!

Maroon 5 fans

I will have to say this was my first big concert experience as I have gone to only more intimate concerts in the past. I have to say that I still prefer the intimate concerts, but a big concert every once in a while is nice...especially since I got to be in the same place as Adam Levine ;)

PS - Aren't you impressed with the quality of my iPhone photos/videos?! I was quite impressed! My camera's SD card was full so it was rendered useless, lol :P

3 comments:

  1. 'Daylight' is my ringback and 'Misery' is my ringtone. Yea, i like Maroon 5 just a little bit. :D

    You are so lucky and i'm still a little jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay Annie!!! :) :) you. Were. In. The.same.room.as.Adam. ___ewold___ 1st off watching made me think of last summer since the first place I heard one more night and everybody talks was riding in your car! Love. Your iPhone takes better video than my camera! Love how Adam was on your side of the"M" on our favorite songs! I am disappointed he wasn't shirtless. Rofl your maroon 5 shirt however looks mega cool! Thanks for texting me I was living vicariously through you haha so glad you got to go!!!! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so JEALOUS!
    That concert LOOKS BAD ASS!!!!!! I hope you guys had a great time!
    Adam Lenvine... UMMMMMM I WANT :)

    ReplyDelete