Sunday, May 26, 2013

YEE: Yelp's Got Its Pie On You

I had the pleasure to attend my first Yelp elite event without a +1 on May 20th. I have to admit, I was anxious since I didn't have Vinh to hang with, but I figured I should go out & meet new people while trying a new food place, Patxi's Pizza!

Patxi's Pizza

I was allowed into this exclusive party at 6:30PM & was greeted with a cute chalkboard sign for Yelp's elite attendees for the night. This event was actually held the day before their grand opening so we had a sneak peek into everything for their new San Jose location. I walked in & started getting samples of the antipasti & then met the lovely Shannon, who would be my buddy for the night. I ended up getting a free IPA from Strike Brewing Company as well :)

After chatting it up with Shannon, our server Sean for the night came to talk to us & explained what Patxi's was all about. He is the best waiter ever: kept refilling our beverages without asking, joking with us & making sure we had an awesome experience. He told us that the tables were made from old bleachers from Cal, which we thought was an awesome way to recycle. The owners also came out to talk about their restaurant & took some questions.

My new yelper friend Shannon!

Next came the salads & I got the chopped salad, which was delish! Shortly after the salads, tons of different kinds of pizza flew out of the kitchen for us yelpers to feast on. Shannon & I decided to grab different pizzas & cut them in half so that we could sample more combinations. Can you say stuffed?! The pizzas were delicious & I learned how to love eating crust. There is honey on the table & you pour some honey on the crust & treat it as dessert, genius! First time this girl finished all her crust.

After filling our bellies to the max, Sean brought us to go boxes (we were the first ones, yay) so that we can pack some slices before jetting off. I ended up getting four slices of pizza to take home to the hubs. All of this food/fun for just a $10 donation! We also got a $5 gift card if we checked into the event, score! I cannot wait to come back again for some more Paxti's!

Thank you Abby, Strike Brewing Company & Paxti's for a great night :)

Want to know more about Yelp Elite & Yelp community events? Just ask & I'll gladly answer, just be sure to leave your contact info!

2 comments:

  1. That event sounded fun! Even if you had to go on your own. haha The food looks yummy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The event looks like a great time!
    Even tho no Vinh, I do agree it was good for you to get out & meet new people :)
    I have YELP and I still don't understand all of this LOL :)

    ReplyDelete