Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Anniversary Trip to Disneyland

Oh the memories! We took a trip down to happiest place on Earth for our first wedding anniversary! What better way to celebrate being happily married than at Disneyland being kids for a few days? I even had Disney-inspired nails to match ;)

Mickey & Minnie-inspired nails


We made the drive down in my MINI on August 17th. My little blueberry hit 1,000-miles on the way down to SoCal. We also had the pleasure of having lunch with Brenda, her hubby & little Alexis, nom!

My little Blueberry is growing up so fast!

We made it to our hotel, the Paradise Pier Hotel, where we happily unpacked & unwound for a bit before hitting up Downtown Disney for dinner. I loved all the themed decor in our room! I wanted to steal the beach ball pillows, but that would've cost us $60+ each to replace, yikes =/

Our adorable room

My babies with the beach ball pillow

Our view

Personalized room keys!

We had dinner at Ralph Brannan's Jazz Kitchen & while overpriced (like everything Disney), the food was delish! If anything, y'all have to try the chocolate bread pudding soufflé *drool*

Our dinner

After being stuffed by dinner, we walked around Downtown Disney & finished our shopping before our Disney adventures began tomorrow ;)

Cute nomz as window displays!

August 18th was our first day in the parks. Since we stayed in a Disney hotel, we got an hour early entry into California Adventure! We promptly got fast pass tickets for World of Color before heading over to Cars Land to ride the Radiator Springs ride. Our car ended up winning the race, woot! Afterwards, we finished up all the other Cars Land rides.

Cars Land sign

Cars Land!

Lightning McQueen

On the Radiator Springs ride

In front of the town statue

Ride that causes surprising whiplash...jk!

We headed to Paradise Pier where I was promptly taken to the Toy Story shooting game where my arms turned to putty. Vinh owned my ass in that game! Afterwards, we got on the ferris wheel & got into one of the rocking gondolas. All my fears into one stupid gondola: heights, sudden movements & drops. Vinh was definitely having fun laughing at me freaking out on that ride. Never again!

Paradise Pier

Paradise Pier gazebo

Toy Story 3D shooting game ride

Not happy on the gondola

I'm a scout just like the kid in Up!

After spending 3-4 hours in California Adventure, we headed over to Disneyland to have some more fun! We did a few rides before heading over to Big Thunder Ranch for their yummy endless BBQ lunch. We were stuffed by our second bucket of food & threw in the white flag, haha!

I love this photo of us!

BTR endless BBQ lunch

After lunch, we headed to Fantasyland to finish all the rides there & play around like kids. Vinh couldn't pull the sword out & I almost broke into someone's home ;)

Vinh's no King Arthur, haha

Dumbo ride turned 80!

I wonder who's home? ;)

Another favorite photo of mine

Teacup ride = love

My rabbit buddy

We took a quick pitstop to Pixie Hollow to find some fairies! Tink was preoccupied with the pink pixie dust on my Minnie ears ;)

Tink

We then headed to Toon Town to finish that portion up! Mickey & Minnie: check!

Mickey himself

Wishing well outside Minnie's place

Side note: Minnie wanted me to tell Mickey to give her a bling as well since he hasn't committed yet, haha!

Minnie so fab

We then went back to Frontierland to try the legendary Dole Whip (pineapple soft serve on top of pineapple juice). Took almost a damn hour to get the thing, but totally worth it on a hot day!

Dole Whip

We left Disneyland real quick to Little Saigon in Westminster to have some authentic Vietnamese food before heading back to California Adventure to go see World of Color!

Vinh wanted to wear a tire

Tower of Terror from Bug's Land


If you've never seen World of Color, DO IT! Best show at Disney ever! I used to love the fireworks display, but now it's nothing compared to World of Color ;)

End of World of Color show

August 19th was our second & final day to be kids & run around the parks. Again, we used our one hour early admission into California Adventure & played the Toy Story shooting game ride again. Vinh whooped my butt again & was the best shooter in the group *grumbles*

I'm a darn beaver lol

I wanted to ride Triton's carousel & Vinh unhappily obliged, bahahaa! I love my pretty seahorse :)

My pretty seahorse

I finally got to run into Tow Mater & we had a moment *giggle* According to Vinh, I have a thing for rednecks, bahahahaa :P

Tow Mater!

On the way out of California Adventures, we saw old school Mickey & had to get a photo with him :)

Old school Mickey

We got into Disneyland & headed for Tomorrowland. We ended up on the Nemo ride which was fairly boring unfortunately. Then we got onto the rocket ride much like Dumbo & rode around high in the air for a while :)

Ready to fly in the sky

We then headed back to Frontierland to try & find Tarzan with no such luck. We did find some friendly critters are Critter Country ;)

Climb Vinh!

Tigger

Eeyore

Pooh Bear

While roaming around in New Orleans, we ran into Tiana being fabulous. I want her dress :P

Princess Tiana

We decided to try the infamous turkey leg for lunch & the both of us could only finish two-thirds of it! Oh so filling for just under $10, haha!

Giant turkey leg!

Afterwards, we headed to the Long Lost Friends promotion going on so that I could go meet characters that have been retired, but brought back for just the week. Hello studly men & cute characters :)

Pinocchio & gang

Hercules!

Snow White & Dopey

Robin Hood & gang

We then waited around for the parade, which was full of eargasms! The floats are quite amazing & you get to see some of the Long Lost Friends in the parade as well :)

Mickey & Minnie during the parade

We had dinner in the New Orleans district & stumbled upon this yummy drink: mint julep! So refreshing on a hot day!

Mint julep drink

After dinner, we headed to California Adventure to ride the Monsters Inc ride before going to watch World of Color again. Then we headed back to our hotel & got in our car to drive through the night home, whew~

Goofy in our hotel lobby

We did get two customized gifts for ourselves though. Check 'em out! I can't wait to decorate our future home with these goodies :)

Family sign

Silhouettes of Vinh & I

That's my trip in a nutshell! Photos are more important anyways so enjoy looking. A blog with tips about Disneyland/California Adventure will be posted at a later date for those planning a trip there ;)

5 comments:

  1. First so many magically prettyful pics! I love how your Disney nails turned out! Great job A!! Your room was totally cute but wowza $60 beach ball pillows! haha You had a great view from your room though!I'm still laughing at your scary ferris wheel ride haha. and vinh wearing the tire rofl All the food looks so yummy but I want that dole whip so much! it looks amazing! You got to take so many cute photos with the characters! I must say if I saw eeyore I would immediately run up and give him the biggest hug ever! Talk about getting removed from the park after cuddling eeyore.... O:)
    Your customized art will look so cute hanging in your future home!
    Congrats to your 1 year annivinhsary! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all, LOVE your nails. Absolutely Gorgeous. Second of all, next Disney trip you should so take me with. haha. I love Disney I have only been to the one here in Florida but that one looks amazeballs. Glad you had a blast. Love the pics. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh! I so want to do this! It looks like you guys had a blast and I know it's something my hubby and I would enjoy...I suppose we could even take the kids lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG I love that you had a blast there!!! I love love love your nails!♥ That's so cute you had the Minnie ears!

    I loved the retired characters brought me back to when I was little and those characters were HUGE deals!

    I like that you had a pass to get into the parks an hour early. I have only been to Florida Disney World, I would LOVE to go to the Disney Land in Cali one day! ♥ Awesome post can't wait to see the other post you'll do with tips! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy moly! Picture overload! I'm glad you and Vinh had such a good time! I didn't even know they had "early-in" passes -- definitely a necessity, haha. Curious that you had two beds in your room though...just in case you had to throw Vinh in the doghouse? ;)

    ReplyDelete