Monday, November 4, 2013

CMYE: Field Trip to Chocolate Demo & Tasting

On October 17th, Vinh & I got to partake on a little field trip & a Yelp field trip to be exact! Where did we go? We ended up at Sharona's Chocolate Shop in San Mateo for a chocolate demo & tasting *drool*

Cute Halloween storefront

We arrived a few minutes early after having dinner at Rubio's (which we used our coupons from Yelp) & checked in to get our name badges. You are immediately surrounded in a chocolate heaven as you walk into the store & the field trip was held in the back room where you could immediately see lots of chocolate goodies to devour! Truffles, pots of melted chocolate for dipping, doughnuts, brownies, whoopie pies, ding dongs, caramel apples, oh my!

Chocolate goodies galore!

Melted dark chocolate pot with Oreos & strawberries

Abby brought some bubbly that was shared amongst the early Yelpers! They surely tasted great with all that chocolate we had!

White wine & our Quickly's milk tea

3 pots of delicious melted chocolate for dipping

Below is what I got for my first place & let me tell you, I was stuffed after this. I couldn't even finish my truffle. I definitely had to slow down since all that chocolatey goodness was putting me into a food coma! Thank goodness for good company at our table as we met Adam & Janet x2!

My first plate of om nomz!

We also had a few demonstrations from Sharona herself on making some of her yummy creations. My favorite would be the apple pie caramel apple *drool* After the field trip was ending, Sharona even provided us with little bags to take the leftover chocolate goodies home!

Thanks Abby & Sharona for the sweetest Yelp field trip ever! :)

Want to know more about Yelp Elite & Yelp community events? Just ask & I'll gladly answer, just be sure to leave your contact info!

29 comments:

  1. All that chocolate looks so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! A chocolate tasting sounds like my kind of outing. Everything looks so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Somehow I don't think I would have stopped eating-full or not! Of course they probably would have had to rush me to the hospital in diabetic shock-but at least I would be taken away with a smile on my face. Maybe it is good that this store is the in Calif and I am here in NY!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chocolate is so good! And all these items dipped is amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a fun event! The chocolate looks great and I am super jealous! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh dear lord, I would have been in heaven!! I have never been to a chocolate tasting, but I would have been in my glory with all those tasty treats!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yikes all of that chocolate is heaven but i think i would of ended up over doing it lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow! look at all the chocolate. I would have a field day in there! Loving all that chocolate. Happy you got to enjoy yourself and all that chocolate. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Chocolate used to be my middle name... LOL... then after I got sick with candida, I had to give it up. I sure do miss it and would have eaten everything in sight if I could have.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like you guys had a great time! I LOVE chocolate and would probably lose myself in there! Yummm!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness! I am so drooling over here! Those chocolate goodies look so YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow that chocolate looks amazing I think I could walk into that shop and never want to leave x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yep, that looks delicious to me, and seriously is there anything better to eat than a strawberry dipped in quality chocolate?

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is my kind of event. Anything that includes chocolate tasting gets my approval. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That looks amazing. I would love to be able to go there and create a custom gift basket for my mother for the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is really heaven! I want to be in the same place, too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Im a chocoholic and this place looks divine! All those photos are making my mouth water!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You certainly sold me on Sharona's confections. They look positively fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  19. The chocolate apple pie caramel sounds absolutely delish!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sharona's Chocolate Shop sounds awesome. Your pictures came out great. The dark chocolate with oreos and strawberries had to be incredible. Cool post!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I would love to go to a shop like this and taste all of those wonderful chocolates. Looks like a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  22. The dipped strawberries look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  23. How i'd love to be in your shoes! So enticing to the eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I am gaining weight just looking at all your goodies! What a fun event to attend.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Who wouldn't love a field trip to a Chocolate Shop. I would be in a food coma too as all those goodies look irresistible.

    ReplyDelete
  26. so amazing. i've been watching masterchef australia and saw some amazing cakes on there. these look just as great

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh boy!! Chocolate heaven!! I am super jealous :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh my gosh, that looks like chocolate heaven!

    ReplyDelete