Sunday, November 17, 2013

CMYE: Yelp's Art of Entertainment Kickoff Party

On the night of November 14th, Vinh & I got to partake in Yelp's Art of Entertainment's Kickoff Party held at the San Jose Museum of Art! This festive black tie affair kicked off the Art of Entertainment activities that run from mid-November to mid-December. I had fun getting dolled up for this event :)

Having fun at the kickoff party!

We arrived on time & waited in line to get scanned in. Immediately we got our Yelp wristbands & donated our $10 to SJMA. I checked my coat in since it was warm inside while we gather & ate yummy foods & drank all sorts of adult beverages. If you checked into the event, you also got to hang out in the VIP lounge where Segura Viudas was handing each of us a glass of bubbly while hanging out with our fellow yelpers! Vinh & I enjoyed sitting on the red couches collected free Yelp swag & chatting with Liv K. for a bit.

Food, hair volumized & Yelp swag

After hanging in the VIP lounge, I went to see the people at Umbrella Salon to see what they'd recommend for my hair. I ended up getting sprayed to increase the volume for my hair & the spray didn't smell bad at all...just the opposite as it smelled amazing! The girl ended up giving me a poinsettia flower for my hair.

Delicious meatball with couscous, mango, pomegranate

We walked around SJMA to view all the different exhibits for the Around The Table: Food, Creativity, Community. In one area, we got to play in the Snap Photobooth where we were in control of when the photo was taken, fun times! We also got to watch two ballroom dancers that were US & World Cup champs! We stumbled into one exhibit that had a game that you rapidly push the letters G & H on the keyboard to get to the top of the hill. Needless to say, it was rigged as the boulder just keeps falling as you get right near the top, boo!

Rigged game!

I loved getting a Yelp reusable tote bag & more Yelp swag! Can never have too much free stuff, right?!

Free swag from the night

Snap Photobooth had the event photos up on their Facebook the next day & here are our photos :)

*click for larger image*

*click for larger image*

*click for larger image*

Overall, we had fun looking at the exhibits & enjoying in the festivities. I cannot believe Vinh even enjoyed one portion of the exhibit as he is not an art person at all *gasp* Thanks Abby, SJMA, Second Harvest Food Bank & all the vendors for a great night!

Want to know more about Yelp Elite & Yelp community events? Just ask & I'll gladly answer, just be sure to leave your contact info!

29 comments:

  1. What a fun event and only a $10 donation - what a bargain. You guys look great, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How pretty you look all dolled up. Sounds like you had a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You stay on the go!
    I love reading about the places you visit! It sounds like a great event.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who doesn't love swag! Seemed like a really nice event too. You look adorable with the flower in your har, out

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd love to attend a Yelp event! It sounds like so much fun, yummy food/drinks and swag too! Super cool.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an awesome event! I'm totally jealous of the great time you and the hubby seemed to have! The tote they provided to you looks awesome, and I absolutely love your dress. Thanks for sharing about the great time you had!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sounds like an interesting event to have attended-and the price was certainly right. I do love Art Museums!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have to love getting free items at these events. Great cause and good reason for donations too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fab night out this sounds like - love the goodies you got and what a nice way to donate to something good :) x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a fun night. I like the idea behind Around The Table.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great event and you looked like you had a great time thank you for sharing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can tell you totally enjoyed yourself there. The photos you guys took together came out super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am loving your posts about your Yelp events! They look like so much fun! That is a really cute dress you wore that night! and I love the flower in your hair!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yelp has some awesome events locally. I need to get with them. This looks like a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  15. These Yelp events you attend sound awesome. I enjoy reading about them all.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have heard of others getting invited to things via Yelp, I am on there all the time and hear nothing. I am a bit jealous!! Hope you have a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your hair is so lovely - especially with the flowers on. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I loved your Photo Booth pictures. You both looked adorable. Lucky you, getting to hang in the VIP lounge.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow only 10? That is a fun and perfect bargain for all that you did.Looks like a blast

    ReplyDelete
  20. This sounds like a lot of fun! I love getting swag!

    ReplyDelete
  21. These events sound like so much fun! I'm going to see if they have Elite in my area, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  22. i love YELP and have it on my phone!

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a fun event! The photo booth looks like a lot of fun. Those are some great shots!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Sounded like a great event and not too expensive either. Looks like you had a bunch of fun too.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Looks like you had a ball. Great pictures and the food looks good too.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow, it looks like you had a lot of fun! I wish Yelp did something like this in Cincinnati!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Sounds like such a cool event.. and the food looked YUMMY... and loved seeing how much fun you had.. thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love the Yelp swag! And that meatball looks way to good!

    ReplyDelete
  29. That looked like a fun event!! You got some totally cute goodies too!!
    You look super pretty in your dress! And since when did your hair get long again! Seriously so pretty!

    ReplyDelete