Sunday, November 24, 2013

Influenster Rimmel VoxBox 2013

I honestly haven't gotten a voxbox in what seemed like ages so I was excited, no matter how small, to receive the Rimmel London US voxbox!

Hello voxbox!

Rimmel London is bringing you new Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation - a breakthrough feather light, oil free formula with an airy mousse texture that’s comfortable on your skin, never heavy or greasy. Your new beauty staple delivers all day shine control and blends flawlessly for a natural looking matte finish, all while minimizing the appearance of pores. The weight is over - finally, shine has met it's matte.

It's opened!

Description card

I received Stay Matte in ivory to test & review. Personally, I liked that the ivory marketed on the tube is the same color when you squeeze it out of the tube. It also had pretty good coverage considering it covered most of my trouble areas with ease. It felt really smooth, but it took a while to really blend the foundation in so that it wouldn't look cakey.

My Stay Matte in ivory

Color matches the one on the tube

Before & after with Stay Matte

PROS: good coverage, feels light & smooth, accurate portrayal of foundation color on tube
CONS: takes a while to blend

Brand challenge winner prizes


BRAND CHALLENGE PRIZES:
  • Stay Matte Primer
  • Stay Blushed Liquid Cheek Tint
  • Eyeshadow in 027 Brick Lane
  • Scandaleyes Retro Glam Mascara
  • Scandaleyes 24 hour Shadowstick in 002 Bulletproof Biege
  • Scandaleyes Waterproof Eyeliner in 001 Black
  • Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick in 642 Nude Delight


DISCLAIMER: All products received are complimentary for testing purposes from Influenster. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

20 comments:

  1. I generally do not use any kind of foundation or even powder on my face-I have super sensitive skin-but I do like that this one is light and blends easily!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't wear foundations or anything, but I like that this one is smooth & light. If it's that hard to blend, though, I may skip this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have not heard of voxbox. I only wear concealer and hate when it takes a long time to blend. I find if it takes a long time it comes off easy when I go for a run and forget to remove my make up. You get a lot of strange looks when you face starts running down your face while you sweat, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never gotten a box of any kind, but one with makeup in it might be nice. I don't need a lot of coverage since I have been eating really healthy... my skin is so much better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't mind the time it takes to blend if it works great. Nice review!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was excited that we both got the same voxbox this time! I was wondering what you thought of it! I never even thought to see if the color in the tube matched the color on the tube! :) Lookin good A!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE the VOXBOX! I haven't tried this Rimmel matte before, but it looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't use foundation on a regular basis. Maybe when we go out. I do need to get some though, and I like that it is light. I don't like feeling like I am wearing a mask!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You can definitely see a little bit of improvement! I don't mind the blending if I get good coverage. I will have to try this one for myself sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm not sure I have the patience to blend so much, but I might try it once just to see.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for the honest review. I dont think I'd enjoy working a little extra to get it to blend. I love that the color matches the tube though!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I do not use a lot of makeup but will use foundation in the evening for special occasions. This type of box would be interesting to see all of the different types of makeup.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have always liked Rimmel Products. Their foundation lasts for a long time and provides good coverage.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I don't know what a vox box is, but if you get free stuff in the mail it must be fun! I use a mineral powder foundation these days, but my daughter likes Rimmel products.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This product gave you great coverage. I love that it has a matte finish and isn't greasy and bulky on your skin.

    ReplyDelete
  16. My daughter got a VoxBox as well. I'm happy that you liked what you got. I heard her complaining about hers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Rimmel is such a great company! I think I own just about 20 products of theirs!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! Your face totally transformed. If I ever start using foundation I know what to get.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I absolutely love Influenster and the Vox Boxes they send out! I love this mousse foundation on you!

    ReplyDelete
  20. i use a mineral powder usually but this looks like it may be light enough to not feel "Cloggy"

    ReplyDelete