Saturday, November 16, 2013

Selena Gomez Concert

Yes, you read that right. I went to a Selena Gomez on her Stars Dance Tour on November 10th. I like her music & I wanted to see if she was as good live so sue me ;)

Vinh & I grabbed a quite bite to eat before heading to the SAP Center (formerly HP Pavilion) for the concert. I got in line after getting through security to buy a tour shirt since I like collecting shirts from every concert I go to (at least try to). We got to our seats only to find out a big group of moms & their tweens in our seats. Instead of arguing, we just switched seats, grr... Christina Grimmie opened the show with like four songs. Honestly, I was so annoyed of her 1-2 years ago when I heard her voice, but I really don't mind her live. I did like her original song "With Love."

Christina Grimmie singing

Remember how I just mentioned we switched seats? Well Vinh was sitting next to the most annoying tween ever & then in front of us, there was this other teen that was dancing like she was a pole dancer. Most of the audience was tweens, teens & their adult supervisions. Needless to say, poor Vinh was not enjoying himself much. Did I mention I have the most devoted hubby that'll come with me to said concert? ♥

Unhappy hubsta

Did I also mention we didn't really know the opening acts well or at all? Next up was Emblem3. I thought that had a cool sound though, but they can improve more since they are still just teenagers. I did like how they added reggae influence to their music though so kudos for that!

Emblem3 stage

By the end of Emblem3, Vinh was enjoying himself a little bit now so yay!

Slightly happier hubsta

Stage is set for Selena!

I loved that Selena had a little video to open her performance & every subsequent outfit change to easy the flow a bit. I will say that this girl definitely works hard! She's signing & dancing her butt off, her staging is pretty awesome & she just seems like a genuine person. She is one classy gal & I hope she stays that way. It's just too bad her fans near us weren't as classy *sigh*

Selena opening her show

Did I mention that she actually does covers, too?! I absolutely loved the fact that she covered Katy Perry's "Roar" :)





You work it girl!

Selena pretended to end the show, but came out to finish up her night with her two newest singles "Come & Get It" & "Slow Down" :)




My favorite shot of the night during "Slow Down"

Finale with streamers & confetti shooting all on the lower levels

Overall, I enjoyed Selena's show, but I don't think I'd ever attend another one. Why? The audience really does create a mood for the show & it really killed our mood sitting next to obnoxious tweens, teens & their crazy parents. I did hear that Selena did come out to meet her fans an hour after the show ended (for free). I'm still a fan of her & her music though :)

21 comments:

  1. Concerts are not the easiest venue to be in. Usually there are a lot of screaming, bopping, dancing people-and I generally do not go to them. I am glad you got to see Selena in person-now you can just imagine her as you sit at home listening to her albums!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now you should have known that those tweens were there for the time of their lives, lol. It was great your husband started to settle in and went with the flow. t is is just good to spend time together, no matter the venue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Selena Gomez, Lucky you! I have 2 Granddaughters who would be so jealous. Some of those young girls floor me at the way they act in public. It makes you wonder what their home life is like.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I quite like Selena Gomez too (secret music love!) and I'm so pleased you had a fabulous time at the concert! Shame about the sheer number of Tweens, but glad you enjoyed Selena's amazing concert performance x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I took my son to see Big Time Rush and One Direction last year - BIG MISTAKE. I should have know that it would be full of teenage girls screaming so loud that I wouldn't be able to hear.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well congrats on going to the concert but so sorry for the rude ppl that ruined it! I have never been to a concert, but i really want to go.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is why I don't attend concerts, the crowd can really ruin it for you. Plus it is so over-bearingly loud!
    Selena is a talented young woman and from what I've seen of video's she puts on a great show. Just hope she doesn't do like all the other Disney girls and turn into a ho

    ReplyDelete
  8. It does sound like a lot of fun. I love Selena's music but don't think I would ever go to her concert. Can't deal with all the tweens/teens. Glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would have loved to have went!! Remember we were sooo obsessed with naturally back in the day! You got some great video and pics!! Sad that the tweens were so obnoxious though :( That really does ruin a concert when the people around you are crazy and not in the good way lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. It seems like forever ago I was last at a concert it sounds like you had a wonderful time :). x

    ReplyDelete
  11. My teen daughters would have loved to go to that concert. You had to expect there were going to be a massive amount of teens and tweens with their moms. I listen to Selena Gomez with my girls, usually while driving in the car, and I think she has a nice voice and I like most of her songs.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks like y'all had a great time! Selena Gomez actually has a really strong voice, in my opinion, so it sucks that she gets branded as an artist who only appeals to young teens. I would have loved to go, and I'm also in my mid-twenties. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. thats not so fun about the tweens.... You husband is really devoted! ;) I understand about the crowd ruining it for you. Thats a big bummer! And people stealing your seats? ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I had no idea that Emblem3 was opening for Salena Gomez! They are from my area so I love hearing things from them!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I would probably not have enjoyed the concert with the annoying teens and tweens but might have watched it on televisions! lol

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love some of these singers but that is exactly one of the things that keeps me from attending these concerts, that they are full of tweens screaming in your ear. I'm glad you were able to switch seats to enjoy the show.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I bet that was am amazing concert. I have never been to a concert before, crazy as that may sound. I would not mind going to hers as I love her music.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Kudos to your husband! He is a keeper for going to that, LOL. I remember a similar experience at a Tom Petty concert but it wasn't tween that were the problem. It was the baby boomers!

    Glad you are still a fan.

    ReplyDelete
  19. There's nothing like live music, especially when it's someone you really love. Glad you had a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love Selena! How I envy you that you got the chance to see the concert!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I haven't been to a concert since 2005!

    ReplyDelete