Saturday, November 9, 2013

YEE: A Beer A Day Keeps The Doctor Away

On November 5th, Vinh & I had another opportunity to attend another Yelp Elite event called A Beer A Day Keeps The Doctor Away at Faultline Brewing Company. It was definitely a great way to wind down from a busy day at work. We arrived a few minutes late thanks to Bay Area traffic, but that's alright since the party was poppin' already by the time we arrived :)

Small overview in photos of the event

We got scanned in by Abby real quick & all the elite members already had their names written on a name tag already (sorry +1s). Immediately after, a waitress comes up to us & asked what we'd like to drink. I ended up with a Hefe & Vinh got a pale ale, which was delivered to us shortly after we grabbed a plate of food to munch on! There were cheese & crackers, fruits & veggies, veggie rolls & calamari *drool* I have to admit the calamari was my fave!

Cheese & crackers

Calamari

About an hour into the event, One Medical Group gave a very brief overview of what they provide. They also had personnel wandering the event answering any & all questions about their company. I loved that they had same day appointments & that they are more focused on quality patient care. They also accept every type of health insurance...except Kaiser, which I have *sniff* It was a bummer for me since I can't really use my one year complimentary membership! I'd have to pay $150 for the initial visit & $100 every subsequent visit since I'd be labeled as a "no health insurance" patient *sigh* But it was still great learning about this group as I think they are headed in a great direction!

Yelp swag & One Medical Group info

Vinh & I had to leave early since we had a long drive home from an already long day of work, but we had a good time learning about something new in the healthcare business that we are so into!

Thanks Abby, One Medical Group & Faultline Brewing Company for another wonderful event :)

Want to know more about Yelp Elite & Yelp community events? Just ask & I'll gladly answer, just be sure to leave your contact info!

21 comments:

  1. This sounds like another successful Yelp Elite Event! I've never had calamari, but you make me want to try it....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do they have any events in Michigan ? near grand rapids or kalamazoo?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahahha... Perfect! A beer a day keeps the Doctor away.
    I like the looks of that calamari. So good. Now you are really making me hungry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That selection of cheese and crackers look great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun event! I love the name of it, too. That was a nice a spread of snacks, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did not know that yelp held events. Guess I need to get current. Looks like a great time with lots of food.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beer, Crackers and Cheese! Yep I would love to go! Glad you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The food spread that they had at this event is amazing. It looks like they had a little something for everyone and that you guys had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a lot of fun! I would love to attend one of these events! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really wished that I liked beer. Everything else looks delicious. It's a shame that you won't be able to take advantage of the services they provide but I'm happy to hear that there is a new group able to provide services.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks yummy! Never heard of this service before, looks like they pulled off a great event , yum for beer

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love calamari. Yum. It's my favorite too? Do they have Yelp events all over the US?

    ReplyDelete
  13. That looks like a fun event. Though I dont drink beer the calamari looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like a wonderful event and a good time. Love all of the cheese and crackers. My kind of food.

    ReplyDelete
  15. We don't drink but it looked like you had fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. That looks like it was amazing. Glad you got out to enjoy yourselves for a while, it looks worth the long drive!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, what a fantastic opportunity you had! I hope you had a great time, and that food looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  18. A beer a day huh? Hubby would love to hear it's beer and not apples. I don't drink beer but it would be fun to explore a brewing company and see how it's all done.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I had no idea that a beer a day kept the doctor away. Hooray!!! Yay beer! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sounds like you had a great time. I love the "Beer a day keeps the Dr away" theme!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Any event that has beer and calamari has to be good! It's a shame that your insurance company isn't eligible for the free membership, but it's awesome that you learned so much.

    ReplyDelete