Sunday, November 3, 2013

YEE: Rocktoberfest at Terrapin Crossroads

On October 6th, I had the pleasure to attend my first North Bay Yelp elite event: Rocktoberfest! I was accompanied by my bestie Sonya as my +1 for the day. We arrived at Terrapin Crossroads in San Rafael about a half hour early, but we wandered the area a little bit before checking in & getting our name badges.

Rocktoberfest fun!

We ran into our stalker from the Midsummer Night's Yelp event, Eugene, as we started the event. We both chilled & had some chardonnay in the couch area of the patio. The chardonnay was pretty good despite it being served in a plastic cup, hehe.

*photo courtesy of Yelp*

After finishing up our chardonnay, we made our way to the temporary airbrush tattoo station. I got a floral design on my right chest & Sonya got a sun at the same location. Then we headed to the Snap Fiesta photobooth next door to record our fun time at Rocktoberfest. One of the guys running the booth liked our gangsta pose ;)

Our photobooth photos courtesy of Snap Fiesta

We ended our journey with eating deliciously flavored cotton candy (salted chocolate peanut butter?!) & sausages as well as partaking in some ale that was poured in Halloween-colored Solo cups. I also got one more temporary tattoo at the base of my neck with the Chinese character for my last name (meaning "king") before hitting the road home to avoid more traffic from the Oakland Raiders game.

Thank you Kevin (North Bay community manager), the North Bay crew & Terrapin for an awesome afternoon of fun :)

Want to know more about Yelp Elite & Yelp community events? Just ask & I'll gladly answer, just be sure to leave your contact info!

34 comments:

  1. Are you serious?! Salted Chocolate Peanut Butter cotton candy!? I want some!! *flashes to cottoncandyfranco* sigh ;)

    Your tattoos are totally cool! You and Sonya look so pretty!
    It sounded like a fun event!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't like wine in a plastic cup either. When we used to go places I knew there would be wine, I would bring my own glass so I could pour it in.
    Sound like you had a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had a really good and fun time at the festival you attended. I am not into real tattoos but one that is totally temporary? That I could possibly get into.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never had a tattoo because I am too chicken... your look really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seems you guys really had much fun!

    Im not fond of tattoos but I love yours! Looks great! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like this event had a little something for everyone. You guys seemed to have a great time and enjoyed some delectable treats along the way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you had so much fun and peanut butter salted candy floss....hmm have to find that one

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't drink wine out of a plastic cup either, it's just not right somehow! But that Salted Peanut Butter cotton candy? Whoa! That sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think a temporary tattoo is the only way I'd get one done. Too cute that you both did it! Love your photo snapshots!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Viccy H1:20 AM

    It looks like you had a fabulous time! And that salted caramel cotton candy! I bet I can't find that here in the UK
    thank you

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey, wine in a plastic cup can't be all bad, right? LOL. Sometimes you just have to go with the flow. Sounds like a fun time!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks like you guys had a great time! Salted Chocolate Peanut Butter Cotton Candy? That sounds very interesting and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It does look like a fun event and the cotton candy flavor made me laugh. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow it looks like you two had a great time at Rocktoberfest. Your post looks nice too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This looks like so much fun! Love the photobooth.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow that candy floss sounds amazing I want to try some!! It looks like you had a fantastic time :) x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks like there was a ton of fun had by all that went to the festival. Getting back to Tampa will allow me to do some of these as well.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love when I get together with people that I can have crazy fun with. Glad you were able to enjoy this event with friends.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sounds like so much fun! I love temporary tattoos. I just wish I could have been part of the game that was causing the traffic! lol Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  20. You look very lovely! I'm so glad that you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This event seemed like a lot of fun. The photo with the frame is really cute. And cotton candy at the end is always a plus!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Cute story, Nice to have cotton candy at the end

    ReplyDelete
  23. That looks like such a fun afternoon and the photos are too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh I love your "photobooth" shots! They turned out so awesome! You look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  25. You two are both adorable and it looks like you had a great time! I love the photo-booth shots too. And cotton candy too! Great day.

    ReplyDelete
  26. It sure does look like a lot of fun! Happy you got to enjoy yourself and I'm loving the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  27. It looks like you had a great time! I love your "gangster pose," too! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Sounds like a great day! And the cotton candy being chocolate? I am in!

    ReplyDelete
  29. This is so great! I'll have to check it out soon!

    ReplyDelete
  30. It looks like a great event! I love the pictures. :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. That cotton candy sounds different! Looks like you had a great time together!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Looks like so much fun! I Would love to go to an event like that :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. Sounds like you had a blast... how was that cotton candy?? Sure sounded interesting....

    ReplyDelete
  34. This sounded like a fun day and I'm going to need to get my hands on some of that cotton candy stat!

    ReplyDelete