Sunday, December 1, 2013

CMYE: Mini Garden Party

On November 29th aka Black Friday, I got to partake in a Mini Garden Party hosted by The Garden Home as part of the Yelp's Art of Entertainment instead of heading out with all the crazy shoppers!

The Garden Home shop front

I was the first Yelper to arrive on the scene & I was very warmly greeted by the three siblings that owned the shop: Adam, Jason & Michelle. I checked in with the Yelp brand ambassador Dana & then headed inside for the first step of making my own little succulent garden in my teacup!

Yelp swag table

Adam basically explained that I could pick any succulent from the $2.99 potted area & then I'd head outside for the actual gardening portion. Jason was very knowledgeable about the care of succulents as he led me in creating the different layers for my little teacup garden. He also taught me how to properly take a succulent out of any pot & how to prune it when leaves start to shrivel. After the crucial layers, I got to decorate the top layer with different colored rocks, dyed reindeer moss & berries.

Yelpers creating their mini gardens

After I finished my mini garden, I headed inside where Michelle led me through how to make my mini mascot for my mini garden. I decided to choose the panda, but it was tough considering she offered a penguin & reindeer, too! The process to make it was so easy & it turned out so cute!

Adam & I with my finished mini garden in a teacup

I ended up hanging out at the event for the full two hours, which was surprising since I didn't go with anyone I knew. I explored the shop that ended up having succulents, build your own terrariums, antiques & handmade stationary & jewelry! I did have quite a bit of fun getting to know my fellow Yelpers Audrey, Lyn & Dana as well as shop owners Adam, Jason & Michelle. It was too bad that 30+ Yelpers RSVP'd to attend this event & only 6-7 Yelpers actually showed up. Talk about rude for the shop owners that took their time to help run this workshop for us all...

5 of the mini gardens

Adam was so happy with the turnout anyhow & even welcomed me back with a private workshop so that I can bring the hubs & friends along. I will definitely take him up on that offer in the near future! :)

The crew at the end of the workshop!

My mini masterpiece! :D

Thanks The Garden Home, Dana, Abby & the Yelpers for an awesome green thumb experience & a fresh way to partake in Black Friday!

Want to know more about Yelp Elite & Yelp community events? Just ask & I'll gladly answer, just be sure to leave your contact info!

23 comments:

  1. What a cute event! My library has a garden; there are some ideas I would like to incorporate for a program.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so pretty-with the little panda! I never thought of using a cup for decorative planting-what a unique gift that would make to give to a special friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is adorable - love how you decorated that cup. I am going to have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't been reading your blog for all that long yet, but this is at least the third totally awesome event that you guys have attended that I read about. You guys are so lucky to go to all these fun things and have these amazing experiences.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd be peeved about the turnout too, but I'm glad you were there supporting them. What a fun event!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was such a lovely fun-filled event! :)I'm sure you had a great time and it feels really good to support people too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh those mini gardens are so cute! hat a fun event! I would have a blast at one of those!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You made such a cute creation! I love the Panda :) That was pretty rude that some people didn't come when they rsvp'd. I am glad you got to experience it and have a fun time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You did a great job on yours, and this looks really fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is so creative, it would make a great unique gift. I want to do something similar with my little one.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a cute event! I love the mini-garden in the watering can shape.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Now this would be something I would like to attend or shop at. Your finished product was really nice. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This sounds like fun and you got to go home with such a great little plant in a cup.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I would love to attend an event like this. That mini garden is adorable. I love your little Panda garden buddy.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That looks kike a fun party. I would have had a blast. Love reading your post.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This looks like such a great experience. I have never had a particularly green thumb but I love how they support you throughout the whole planting process.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What an adorable event! I want to have one now!

    ReplyDelete
  18. How cute! I'd love to be a part of that!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a fun idea. I love all the little plants in the pots. I would have loved to attend if I was close by.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh what a fun way to garden with friends and turning gardening artistic and decorative art at home.

    ReplyDelete
  21. That garden you made is adorable. Looks like you had such a fun time.

    ReplyDelete
  22. i hadn't heard about Yelp Elite before. that alone sounds interesting, but the garden party theme looks nice too

    ReplyDelete
  23. sure sounds like a fun event... thanks for sharing it with all of us, made me feel like I was there...

    ReplyDelete