Tuesday, December 17, 2013

CMYE: Movie Night - Catching Fire

On December 10th, I had the pleasure of attending another Yelp's Art of Entertainment events in downtown San Jose. It was Movie Night & we were watching Hunger Games: Catching Fire in a private theater just for us Yelpers. I found it funny as I have passed this theater for the 6 years I have attended SJSU, but have never gone in. Better late than never? :)

Catching Fire

There was only one person working the box office, but it moved fairly quick for one person. We got our $10.50 tickets & our parking validated before entering the theater. We were greeted by the Yelp crew & was handed out vouchers for a free small soda & small popcorn. The people in line ahead of us were seriously the slowest people to order ever! I swear it was like 15 minutes to decide what drink & how much butter you wanted *rolls eyes*

We headed upstairs to find Steve & Derrick as they scored us center seats for our movie. We had one staff welcome us prior to the movie & asked us simple trivia about the theater to win movie posters. Very clean & friendly theater with comfy seats. The movie was enjoyable, even more so than the first one I felt.

Thanks Abby & the South Bay Yelpers for a fun movie night! :)

Want to know more about Yelp Elite & Yelp community events? Just ask & I'll gladly answer, just be sure to leave your contact info!

24 comments:

  1. My husband and I go to the movies often and we love it. Glad you got to go to yet another awesome Yelp event!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a fun night out! We don't get to go to movies very often because of cost; plus finding a baby sitter. but we made special effort to go see Hunger Games Catching fire. It was great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a lot of fun! Hubby and I *never* go to the theater, but I'm pretty much dying over here because I wanna see Catching Fire so bad lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Catching Fire was a great movie. I don't use Yelp enough; I need to check it out more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now that looks like fun. Sometimes the best things are hidden right in front of you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wanted to see the Hunger Games, Catching Fire. Need to do that yet.

    Sounds like you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a great time! I use to love Movie nights!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun night out - I haven't seen Catching Fire yet - looking forward to it though will probably wait till it comes out on Blu Ray now x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds like an event my daughter would have loved to attend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now that seems so much fun! I wish me and my boyfie was able to attend that too

    ReplyDelete
  11. the one thing I hate about the movies is how slow they are to serve at the consession stand!!
    but it is always great to have a movie night. WE try as much as we can :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. That would have been a lot of fun. I see several people that attend things from Yelp, I need to be more active I guess!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I haven't seen this movie yet but I do intend to go and see it before it gets out of the theatre. I'm happy that you got to go out and enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like you had a great experience. I love private screenings. It sounds like you have great experiences being a "Yelper."

    ReplyDelete
  15. So glad you had a great time at Catching Fire. I would love to have a movie night out. Looks like you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds like a very successful night at the theater! I haven't seen Catching Fire yet... but plan to! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I hope you enjoyed the movie you saw at the theater and the popcorn and drink!

    ReplyDelete
  18. God, how good was that movie huh?? Lucky you that you got VIP treatment for it. :) Love the idea of the trivia.

    ReplyDelete
  19. my husband and i watched it. sorta interesting ending. i do look forwrad to the next one.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love going to the movies! You scored on the free popcorn and soda cause they are expensive.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I sooo miss going to the movies.. I can't anymore all that motion and movement and lights makes me dizzy and gets me sick.. :-( no fun at all.. sure looks like you had a wonderful time..thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love watching movies in private theaters because it is just such a luxurious and personal experience. I'm glad you had such a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I haven't seen the movie, but everyone is suggesting to go. May be next week. Glad you had a VIP get away, would be great to know about Yelp Elite.

    Fan R @TeddyOutReady

    ReplyDelete
  24. I liked the first movie, but I think the movies are a little overrated. Sounds like you enjoyed yourself.

    ReplyDelete