Monday, January 27, 2014

End of 2013: Wedding, Disneyland & Food!

I know we're already more than halfway into January, but my new job (more to come in another blog post) has been keeping me busy from blogging! Vinh & I had the pleasure of attending his cousin's wedding down in Anaheim so we decided that we'd make it a mini vacation of sorts!

On December 28th, Vinh & I took the long 6-hour drive down to Anaheim. His dad originally wanted to meet up for dinner with more of his relatives (& make us pay for the dinner, what?!), but we opted for hitting up Downtown Disney instead. We were craving the amazing food from Ralph Brannan's Jazz Kitchen! Our wait wasn't very long since it was just the two of us & we got window seats. As always, the food was amazingly delish...especially that souflé! Afterwards, we walked around enjoying the holiday decorations & shopped. I bought a cute top that I wore to Disneyland later on in this trip :)

Day #1 highlights


On December 29th, the wedding was basically a whole day affair starting with the wedding ceremony at 11AM for Gia Bao & Duc. Gorgeous little venue, but too bad the whole ceremony was in Vietnamese so I didn't understand one bit of it. Oh well, at least the scenery was nice & there were golfers to watch, haha. After the ceremony, Vinh had to smooze with his relatives (most of which he did not know) before we headed back to our place to change & have lunch at a hole in the wall Thai place. Then we took a nap before heading out to the reception. Thank goodness for the MC asking if there were non-Vietnamese speaking peeps in the audience or I would've died of boredom again. Food was yummy & the games were fun to watch. By the end of the night, I think I had probably a whole glass of pure Hennessy, whoops! Vinh & I got a huge vase of flowers to take home by the end of the night :P

PS - Thanks to my bestie Paula for buying me the gorgeous asymmetrical dress I wore! It was a hit with everyone! BTW, everyone should go check out her blog ;)

Wedding festivities :)

On December 30th, Vinh & I finally had the chance to enjoy Disneyland again, but this time in holiday decor! Neither of us have ever seen it decked out for the holidays so it was a treat! I won't go into detail on everything we did, but we did meet characters that we've never ran into before, rode rides that were re-decorated for the holidays & enjoyed our time despite the massive amount of people there that day :)

Pretty castle!

Aladdin!

Jungle all the way on the Jungle Cruise

Club 33, I want in!

Jack & Sally hanging out in New Orleans

Entrance to Haunted Mansion

Jack *ahem*

Front of Haunted Mansion

On Tom Sawyer Island / Pirate's Lair

Pluto!

In front of the big xmas tree on Main Street

Inside It's A Small World

Inside It's A Small World

Outside of It's A Small World

Just makin' a call in Toon Town

Daisy being fab during the holiday parade

Mary Poppins & Bert!

Goofy! Just barely made it into the line to be the last person, lol

Jack at night

Inside Haunted Mansion, holiday edition

Castle all lit up at night

It's A Small World all lit up at night

Waiting for It's A Small World ride

Outside of It's A Small World at night

We headed back home on December 31st, but we stopped by Steam Punk Cafe to have brunch before the rest of the drive home. I had chicken & waffles for the first time & it was sinfully delish! I need to stop by again the next time we head down to SoCal! We made it back to San Jose before dinnertime, woot! We decided to go bug my sis Lonnie since she was home with my parents & let's say we were having too much fun playing the Wii that my mom kicked us out after midnight, bahahahaa :P

Yummy food!

That was how we ended our 2013! :)

25 comments:

  1. Looks like you all had such fun. Thank you for sharing all the photographs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had a great end to 2013! Downtown Disney!! The food seriously looks so amazing! & how cute is the little mermaid and sleeping beauty!
    The wedding looked really pretty. Too bad it was all in Vietnamese. You look absolutely gorgeous in that dress! So glad you liked it! :)
    I saw it out shopping and was like that looks like Annie! I had to go back the next day and buy it haha
    + Thanks for the blog shoutout bestie.
    Disneyland! I can't believe all the new characters you found and got pics with!! Pluto & Mary Poppins and goofy! Looks so much fun with all the pretty Christmas decor and lights. A perfect time to go!
    Chicken and waffles looks sooo good no fair leaving me hungry! haha
    Here's to an anniemazing new year! Love yas bestie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow I havent been there since I was a kid, but it looks like you really enjoyed yourself & had a wonderful time, But hey Im glad to see you back

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always wanted to go to Disney but never got the chance to do so. I'm loving the looks of the yummie food.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been to Disney World at Christmas time and they sure do their decorations up right!! I love all your photos - thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love anything Disney. Very pretty at night!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a very awesome way to end the year! Congrats on the awesome vacation... too bad you couldn't understand the wedding lingo...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hurrah for good food, cute top purchases, and Disney! You've got a ton of wonderful pictures here!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow how fun thankd for sharing i love all things Disney

    ReplyDelete
  10. If you have to attend a wedding that you end up being bored at, the best way to fix it is to follow up by heading to Disney Land. Sounds like a great trip in the end and your dress was beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  11. What awesome photographs and awesome time you had! All that food looks absolutely amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like you guys had a lot of fun! Your dress was gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What an awesome way to end the year of the snake, from that you leaped through a kicking horse. Love all the photos, you look cute in your outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like a great getaway! You take amazing photos and always seem to have a great time. If I'm ever in your neck of the woods I want to hang with you.

    ReplyDelete
  15. looks like you had an awesome trip. Disney is such a great place to visit and have fun

    ReplyDelete
  16. You had quite the vacation. Looks like you love Disneyland. Your pictures are wonderful and I love the dress. You look beautiful in it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. It looks like there are some great restaurants in Disney. It's great that they keep in mind the comforts of parents as well as the lessons that they learned.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Looks like you had an amazing time. Everything looked great and I was hungry after seeing the food posts.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a fun place to be! It looks so exciting. Love the pictures,

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a lovely way to end the year looks like you had a great time and your pics look really good.

    ReplyDelete
  21. That is so much fun to end the year! We just went to disneyworld and it was awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  22. The dress you wore to the wedding was gorgeous! No wonder you got lots of compliments. Too bad you didn't understand the ceremony though, but yay for some English in the reception!

    And WOW how gorgeous is Disneyland for the holidays? Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oooo gorgeous dress, great pics and good looking Alladin. You guys look like you had so much fun! I'm a bit jealous. :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your trip looked wonderful! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the dress you wore to the wedding, and I would have been bored right there with you since I don't speak Vietnamese either. ;-P LOL, no but really, I'm happy you had a great time, and I'm even happier that you shared it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I am so jealous! That place looks AMAZINGGGGGGGG!!!!!
    You look amazing too by the way :)
    I hope you & Vinh enjoyed your mini vacay away!

    Hope the wedding went well also :)

    ReplyDelete