Monday, January 13, 2014

Red Tea Caramel Matcha Green Tea & Caramel Matchaccino Reviews

Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial.

If you now me, you'd know I'd much prefer tea than coffee any day! I was so fortunate to have the opportunity to try two Red Leaf Tea products: caramel matcha green tea & caramel matchaccino! Red Leaf Tea was established in 2008 & their mission was to be a trusted source for unique & exotic tea. They offer white, black, oolong, green tea along with matcha to name just a few of their products. I decided to combine both reviews into one so you can have a side by side comparison :)

Eye catching return address, haha!

The packaging is air tight to keep the matcha fresh! I love how each packet was attached to a little instruction sheet on how to make your drink in hot or cold.

Little packets of matcha goodness!

I ended up making the hot latte versions for both drinks as I didn't want to break out the blender & make a lot of noise, lol. I will try to in the future as I love fraps, yum!

Instruction sheets

Info sheet on matcha on the reverse

The also supplied me with a information packet on the health benefits of matcha. Here's a quick rundown on some of 'em:

  • Rich in antioxidants
  • High fiber content
  • Energy boosting
  • Assists with mood enhancement & weight loss


Pamphlet of all their different matchas & the health benefits!

Yes, below is a photo of the matcha powder & it is that green! Weird, huh? Both packets of matcha were very fragrant when I first opened their respective packages, almost sweet-like. To start either a cold or hot matcha drink, first scoop out the recommended amount (half a teaspoon) of matcha into your cup/mug. Then add 2 ounces of hot water & stir with a spoon until the powder is dissolved. Afterwards, you can add either hot or cold milk to it & enjoy!

Please do the second step or you'll have clumps of matcha like I did with my first attempt! No one likes clumps of powder in their drink :(

Also, please store your matcha in the fridge/freezer so that it maintains its freshness. Keep it away from moisture & direct sunlight as well.

Image from Red Tea of matcha powder

CARAMEL MATCHA GREEN TEA: Sweet would be the word to describe this drink. Not sweet as in it just tastes like sugar, but it definitely is sweet even with the milk added to it. Very smooth & easy to drink otherwise.

CARAMEL MATCHACCINO: Less sweet that the caramel matcha green tea & more to my liking! Just the right amount of sweetness, but doesn't overpower the drink as a whole. Also very smooth & easy to drink.

One thing I didn't quite like was that it left a slight aftertaste in my mouth, but it wasn't anything too icky. I just don't like aftertastes so just something to be mindful of. Otherwise, I'd totally recommend checking out & trying some matcha for yourself :)

DISCLAIMER: I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

26 comments:

  1. I'm like you in that I would rather drink tea than coffee any day of the week! I am liking the sounds of the caramel in these two varieties you tried!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love tea having been brought up with it--but also love coffee--I never heard of matcha tea before and may try it if they have a small sample size I can purchase.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE Matcha! I drink it pretty regularly, and it helps with my digestive issues.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I definitely prefer coffee over tea, but that caramel matcha green tea sounds really good, so I would definitely give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love coffee but I also love my teas! This would be something I would try for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I drink way to much tea this year I would love to try some new ones as well so I will have to add this to my list :) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am with you - tea before coffee. I only do coffee if desperate. I will check these out, I love green teas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am an avid tea drinker and I've never heard of Red Leaf Tea before now. I'll have to check them out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that this tea comes with so much information about it and that it's sealed so well! Most teas I see are only in a little box that isn't air tight. It tends to lose some of the fresh flavor.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am not a huge tea drinker but I think the sweeter Caramel Matcha would be interesting to try.

    ReplyDelete
  11. i'm a huge teas drinker and this sound pretty good will have to look it up

    ReplyDelete
  12. I must have a cup or two of coffee in the morning, but I love tea throughout the day. This Red Leaf tea sounds great

    ReplyDelete
  13. First of all, your blog is gorgeous! Second of all, I had no idea that green tea specifically could have so many flavors! It upsets my stomach terribly, I can't drink it, but now I want to even more!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a great deal on tea. I'm sure it has a wonderful flavor.

    ReplyDelete
  15. the caramel matcha green sounds delicious! Didn't think that was even a possibility!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have seen this before but have never used it. I'm not a big fan of green tea but I have a friend who devours it and swears by it. I'll have to share this with her.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Both sound interesting, healthy and they even help to loose weight. I'm a bit worried about the aftertaste though.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Both sound interesting, healthy and they even help to loose weight. I'm a bit worried about the aftertaste though.

    ReplyDelete
  19. You are inspiring me to try drinking tea instead of coffee.

    I am you new GFC follower. You may follow any of my blog that you like, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Tea is so much better for you too. This one looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am not a big tea drinker but I always give it my best shot because I know how good it is for a person. These teas look like they are high quality.

    ReplyDelete
  22. My daughter is the biggest tea drinker in our family, she loves tea!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love tea. Haven't tried red leaf tea though I'll have to try this one out. Looks good

    ReplyDelete
  24. The caramel matcha green tea sounds really good! Good to know to keep the matcha in the fridge or freezer for freshness!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I want to be a hot tea drinker, but I can never seem to get into it... I'll keep these in mind if I ever get to that point!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I have never heard of Matcha. I love tea, so this sounds really good.

    ReplyDelete