Sunday, February 16, 2014

CMYE: Yelp's Brew-mance, Chocolate & Beer Night

It's the month of Yelp events! On Wednesday the 12th, Vinh & I headed up to Fremont to California Craft Beer for a community yelp event: Brew-mance, Chocolate & Beer Night!

Sign outside of the microbrewery

We arrived after getting a quick bite at a burger place nearby. We sat with Ann & then Vincent joined her later. Vinh went to get his $4 beer flight with accompanying chocolates for tasting. I took about an hour to get my beer flight since the crowd just exploded in magnitude afterwards!

Vinh's beer flight

Place is getting crowded

We had small bites from Miles Pie Company which included mini sausage rolls & mini caramel apple pies. My favorite was the mini applie pies, yum!

Miles Pie Company table

Beers available

The place did not anticipate such a big turnout so they ran out of flight beer glasses! They were scrounging for available glasses as soon as patrons were done so they could wash & put out the next flights. I did enjoy my flight with my chocolates, they matched for the most part & it was a great deal for $4.

Beer flight with yummy chocolates!

Beer I ~ New Belgium/Cigar City: Belgian yeast with Anaheim & Marash peppers with citrusy hops aged on spiced cedar.
Beer II ~ Hangar-24 Polycot: Seasonal wheat beer brewed with organic apricots.
Beer III ~ High Water-Campfire Stout: Graham crackers with chocolate malt with a natural toasted marshmallow flavor.
Beer IV~ Two Rivers-Pomegranate Cider: Light, slightly tart cider with a pomegranate aroma & flavor.

My favorite was beer #3 as you could definitely taste the apricots, then beer #4, #3 & #1 coming in last as it was just too hoppy for my taste. The chocolates were great for beers #2-4 as well. I guess #1 was just sucky, haha.

Thanks Nique, California Craft Beer, Niles Pie Company & the east bay crew for a fun community event! :)

Want to know more about Yelp Elite & Yelp community events? Just ask & I'll gladly answer, just be sure to leave your contact info!

30 comments:

  1. I'm not a big beer drinker, but even I would have had to try all of them!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had me when you said, Chocolate And Beer Night. You sure got to try some unique beer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now this sounds like my kind of night lol chocolate and beer perfect :-) bet you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am not a beer drinker so probably would not have gone to this Yelp party. I really should find out what these Yelp parties are all about-I have no idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, they really did get some traffic that day. Glad you scored your flight and for such an amazing deal. I always think those are fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks like a fun and affordable night! I wish we had events like this in our area.

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a fun event! wish there were more in our area, but we are all about the beach lol
    I wonder if you had a red ale among your selections

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love flights! I've never had a beer flight but I'm sure we'd love it! (I've always has dessert or wine flights), ooo and mini caramel apple pies, I would be all over those!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm not very fond of beet, but I sure am fond of chocolate! My hub could have the beer and I would have the chocolate, wink wink!

    ReplyDelete
  10. They have a sampler set at a brewery we go to when we visit a town in a touristy city in our state. My husband always gets one :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. i don't drink beer, but I could totally go for the chocolates and the Mini apple pies you mentioned. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm not a beer drinker, but I would totally go just to enjoy the night. I'm sure you had loads of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This looks like a great restaurant. I love the ambiance, the food, and the decor. It looks like you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That sounds like a cool event. I'm not a big beer drinker but I think it is neat how they matched up beer and chocolates.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks like you guys had a great time :) Beer #4 would have to be my favorite :p

    ReplyDelete
  16. I would definitely have to try those beers out.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a fantastic sounding event. I would pass on the beer but I'd have to try the chocolate personally. x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beer is not my thing. But the event sounds amazing and I would be tempted by the chocolate one.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm not a beer drinker at all and some of those look pretty good!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Looks like you had so much fun! We love doing beer and wine tastings! It's fun to find new things! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. That really looked like a fabulous event. I love communities that have events like this that give people a chance to get out and do some socializing.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I would love to try the pomegranate cider. I had no idea they even made beers in different flavors like this!

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a neat event! The hubby would of loved any event that has beer. lol

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh that looks like so much fun. I miss doing stuff like that.

    ReplyDelete
  25. OMG.. don't show this place to my husband he would ask to move in..lol.. Sure looks like you guys had a blast.. thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  26. I don't drink much as I did before but I definitely would love to try out their beers!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Chocolate and beer! That sounds like a really fun night!

    ReplyDelete
  28. So I am totally laughing at the name of the pie company that was there. The reason being is because my last name is Pies and my husband's name is Miles! :D Seriously, I'm not even joking! That's so great!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Sampling craft beer is such a delight. Nice that you got to enjoy some

    ReplyDelete
  30. Flavored beer? What a novel idea... I would be curious to state the chocolate and apricot too.

    ReplyDelete