Friday, February 7, 2014

First San Jose Sharks Game!

Have you seen a trend over the last year? I have become more & more interested in minor/major league sports. It started with the SuperBowl last year, then it grew into baseball & now we have ice hockey! Vinh & I bought a family pack of 4 to the game on January 25th (btw, happy birthday mommy dearest!) & brought along his uncle & cousin. The game was the San Jose Sharks versus the Minnesota Wild!

Our family pack came with a hot dog, chips & a drink each

We arrived early enough where there weren't a ton of people around the concession stands to get our food that came with our family pack. Then we made the trek up those horribly small & dangerous steps up to our section. We found that our section was right behind our team's goal for the first period, yay! I have realized that almost any seat is a good seat for hockey :)

Pre-game skate

Waiting for the game to start!

I loved that our arena is called the Sharks Tank during hockey season, hehe. Also loved the fact that our players skated out from a glowing shark head :P

Sharks players coming out

I must say the first period had me worried as Minnesota Wild made two goals while we had nothing. But after the second period, we tied it up 2-2 on the scoreboard, quite exciting! Whew, I almost thought we'd have a miserable loss for my first game, haha.

Our first goal of the night!

I met up with Carrie (who I met at NOH8 last year) after the end of the second period to say hi! I'm envious of her season tickets, haha. Afterwards, I hit the little girl's room (which was a mile long) before heading back for the last period. Neither team scored during the last period so they played overtime & we won with a last minute goal, yayy!!!

Overtime goal, what?! :D

Certain things bugged me during the game, but that certainly did not spoil the fun of my first hockey game! I have to admit I also loved seeing the players get into a brawl, haha. Much more exciting than the actual play itself at times. Loved that my first game was a win for our team, too! Go Sharks! I certainly can't wait for my next game :)

30 comments:

  1. I'm not a big fan of sports. Matter of fact, I hate sports. My husband and our three sons love sports though. They especially like Football and Basketball!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not into sports at all, but I'm glad you're finding cool things to do with your hubs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh fun! We were at a hockey game recently, too. It's so much better live, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I recently went to the USA vs Canada Women's Hockey Game here in Toronto! It was fun,

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't understand hockey but love the action

    I can't wait for the World Cup!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not into sport. I do try to watch it for the sake of my fiancé in case he ever needed help cheering his team on. Normally, I would root for the opposite time. I've learned to play nice over the years.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've only been to one hockey game and the crowd was so obnoxious. But I should give it another try. The "minor" league for the Minnesota Wild is near us now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Next time I would love to go with you! I love hockey it is the only sport I will sit and watch.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am not a big sports fan, but my son and my husband love to attend the local minor league games. Glad you had a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am Canadian so Go Hockey. I love when the American ice rinks have Canadian flags and American flags in them

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have to admit I am not into sports at all but it is so cool you have found a new hobby to enjoy together x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've always wanted to attend a live sporting event like the SuperBowl. Just for the experience

    ReplyDelete
  13. Never been much a sports and Never been to a live game (unless you count the ones I went to in high school and during my college days). I hope to do it one day though just so that I can say "yes, i've been to a live game before!" lol

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like you had fun! Hockey is the only sport that I like. I'd love to go to a game sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I cannot stand sports and not matter how hard I try it does not work. Thanks goodness my hubs is not a sports fan.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This looks really fun! I am not a huge sports fan but you can't help but be drawn into the excitement when you are at a live game!

    ReplyDelete
  17. that hot dog looks yummy!
    I've only been to a hockey game once and it was pretty fun to watch! Fun night out with Vinh and his fam :)
    Happy belated bday to your mom! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a fun day! I have only been to a couple hockey games, they are a ton of fun though

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is a great event you got to attend. I attended my first hockey game years ago and we had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hubby is the one who knows all about sports. I've never been interested unless he drags me to a game. Happy that you're able to enjoy it with your own hubby.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love going to sporting events. My favorite is Pro Football but I have enjoyed hockey too. I find baseball a little on the boring side at times but still enjoy going to the games.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ha! Love the glowing shark head. That's pretty dang funny.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Minor league sports are awesome. I think they have a nice family appeal to them that you can't always get w/the bigger ones.

    ReplyDelete
  24. It's so thrilling to take part in league games like this. So much energy in the air. I've been to soccer and baseball games myself and it was thrilling all the way. Hockey sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I'm a sports fan but I don't think I've been to a live hockey game... You're ahead of the curve on that on. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Looks like you had a great time! Hockey is one of my absolute favorites!!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. That looks so good! We are Bruins fans but I have to say we are open to any good hockey game!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hockey is AWESOME! We actually just went to our first NHL game on February 1st! :) We saw our Columbus Blue Jackets beat the Florida Panthers 4-1! :) I can't wait to go to another game!
    We also have an ECHL team in our city, the Cincinnati Cyclones, that we go to games regularly. There's nothing like going to a NHL game, though!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hockey is a favorite of mine and I'm glad to see you had a nice time. I look forward to hearing about your next game. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  30. I am not a big sports fan but that food looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete