Sunday, February 9, 2014

Goodbye Advantage Rehab Solutions!

Quite an overdue post, but I have finally left my first job with Advantage Rehab Solutions (in house rehab for LifeHouse Healthcare) on January 3rd after a year & 8 months! Technically, I had two last days seeing as how I worked at two sister facilities if one had low census.

My last day at the Castro Valley facility was on December 27th & a bittersweet one. Bitter in that most of my patients & fellow coworkers were sad to see me go. However, sweet in that they all really appreciated what I brought to the facility & to our patients' lives. Shrutee & Ivy took me to Aroma for my goodbye lunch & it was definitely a yummy one! I will say I'm happy to not make an almost 100-mile roundtrip to work every day :P

Last day @ Castro Valley


My last day at the San Jose facility was on January 3rd. This was the first facility I worked at until census really dropped & I went to work in Castro Valley. I had been gone a few months so patients were really happy to see me back for two days, but bummed to find out that I was leaving for another job. Same thing happened with my fellow coworkers. The rehab crew bought me a goodbye cake...which I forgot to cut on my last day so I came back the following Monday to officially cut it, haha :)

Last day @ San Jose

Overall, I learned a lot about skilled nursing facilities & from my fellow therapists about patient care, clinical reasoning, etc. Now I will take those skills & apply it to my next job to further improve myself as an occupational therapist. Thanks everyone for the past 1+ years of my therapist career :)

19 comments:

  1. My father has worked in nursing homes for years and I can only imagine how much you have learned over your time there. Best of luck in your new venture ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. One hundred miles a day to travel to a job is far too long and I can well understand why you say bitter sweet. I hope your new job is much closer to where you live and gives you the satisfaction that this one obviously did.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 100 miles round trip I understand why you are happy to cut that out. But I also under stand why its bitter a year and 8 months is a long time at a job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was such a long trip to work and back. I am sure you will miss everyone but life moves on. Good luck with your new endeavors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds like you had a wonderful time working there, and that's some lovely food you got on your last few days - I'm guessing you will be missed. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really sweet post. I love the San Jose area and it seems like even though you're a little sad to leave, you learned a lot :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. My mother has worked at nursing homes her whole life.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is always hard to leave someplace, I could not imagine dealing with the patients as you must become very attached and that would make it even more difficult. Good luck on your new job.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I volunteered at a nursing home during high school. It was an amazing experience.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I bet they were sad to see you go.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Here's to new starts! You've impacted peoples lives in such a positive way! :) Proud of you A!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats to you. And that's sweet that you went back to cut the cake. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations on your new job. I have nothing but praise for those that work with our senior citizens in skilled nursing facilities. Senior citizens are our most precious assets and need to be treated with the respect they deserved. Kudos to all who do that.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on the new job! That cake looks amazing. Good Luck on the next chapter of your life!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I work with special needs children and when they have to move on, the bond is really hard to break.

    ReplyDelete
  16. congratulations. I love my daughters Occupational therapist you will be a blessing to many people.

    ReplyDelete
  17. it's never easy leaving a job, especially when it is a job where you are appreciated! Much success to whatever else you plan on doing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You put in great time and your effort will remain a blessing to you and others. Best wishes on your job journey!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations on your new job but it's nice that they thought of getting you a cake since you're leaving. Hopefully you'll keep in touch with a few of your co-workers.

    ReplyDelete