Saturday, February 8, 2014

YEE: Diamonds Are Yelp's Best Friend

This past Tuesday February 4th, I got to attend my first Yelp Elite event (YEE) of the year! I had the pleasure of bringing Sonya as my +1 to the Diamonds Are Yelp's Best Friend event :)

With our buddy Tom Shane


We arrived a few minutes early & Abby let us all in when the event started. Checking in was a breeze & we hit up Honest Tea for a bottle of peach white tea before roaming into the engagement/wedding rings area. Lisa welcomed us & asked if we've ever been here before to which I replied "Yes, Steve has sold me all of my rings" & to which another salesman replied "Oh I'm so sorry! (jokingly)" Surprisingly, my main guy Steve was there & was assisting my lady friend the whole time on her quest to find her perfect future engagement ring! Did we find it? We sure did! However, only the set is shown below, not the center gem, muahahaa :P

Sonya's perfect engagement/wedding band set

Afterwards, we hit up all the rest of the food including bubbly champagne from Segura Viudas, little bundlets from Nothing Bundt Cake, chocolates from Baci & a platter of cheese, fruit & bread. Pop Up Gelato was also there with 3 fabulous gelato flavors: coppa mista, pistachio & green tea. I totally opted for the coppa mista, yum!

Food table!

Gelato, yum!

My helping of food

Inside Shane Co. with my food

At the end of the event, the manager was out by the Yelp table with a goodie bag for each of us to take home. I told him about my wonderful experience in the past with Steve & he was happy about that :P

Goodie bags for us!

What did the goodie bag contain? A silver polishing cloth, 2 chapsticks & a $50 gift card! Yes, you read that right, a $50 gift card to Shane Co.! I could not believe each Yelp Elite & their +1 got a $50 gift card *jaw drop*

Silver polishing cloth

$50 gift card, heck yea!

Thanks Abby, Shane Co. & the other vendors for an awesome & classy event at my favorite jewelry store! :)

Want to know more about Yelp Elite & Yelp community events? Just ask & I'll gladly answer, just be sure to leave your contact info!

22 comments:

  1. Wow, this is the best event I've read about that you've gone to! Holy cow - what an awesome swag bag.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoo Hooo for you... A $50 giftcard is nothing to sneeze at. So.... are you going to tell us what you are going to buy with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a fun event! I especially like your goodie bag! $50 GC??AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you guys had a lot of fun.
    Yelp Elite is something I have not heard of.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow-a $50 Gift Certificate for each of you and all the others who attended as well? That is some nice gift! Diamonds are definitely a girl's best friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH my that was a nice event. In KY we have nothing like this I wish there were more events all over. I would love to attend one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would have loved to go for the food alone. It sounds like you had a great night - you are certainly a very busy girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It sounds like it was awesome, and the gift card was a great thank-you for participating!! Totally a 'make me smile' post you've got here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like a very fun date. No diamonds here :( just a gold band

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ok, this event is right up my alley! How fun and exciting too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is some awesome swag girl! I'm totally jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really love that engagement set. Not only is it beautiful but it has a timeless design.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow awesome goodie bag, I like the cupcake better though . lol

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great goodie bag and sounds like an even great event that you went to. So what are your plans for that gift card? :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I wonder if we have Yelp events like this. I really need to become more active in Yelp!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great event to get to attend! Everything looked like a blast.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Diamonds are the best gifts! I could use a pretty ring like the one shown... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fabulous event, you can never go wrong with jewellery and lovely food. Glad you had a good time.

    Fan R @TeddyOutReady

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, this sounds like an amazing event! Looks like you had a great time and got a nice treat at the end!

    ReplyDelete
  20. How awesome.. a $50 Gift card is SUPER cool.. what ya gonna use it for???

    ReplyDelete
  21. wow!! Congrats to you and sonya for scoring a $50 card! I remember Steve from Shane co! How ironic a yelp event was held at shane co! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I wonder if these Yelp community events are happening in my NYC. Your events always look like so much fun.

    ReplyDelete