Tuesday, February 18, 2014

YEE: Sweetheart Social at Sweetwater

On Sunday, February 16th, I had the pleasure of taking not just a +1 or a +2, but a +3 to my first North Bay event of the year! Vinh & I along with Sonya & her boyfriend Evan headed up to Mill Valley for the Elite event: Sweetheart Social at Sweetwater!

The trip up was a bit hell-ish due to Bay Area traffic, but the event more than made up for that! We arrived a few minutes early & went to scrounge around for quarters for our parking meter (7 days parking meter, boo!). We checked in with 5 minutes to spare & then Kevin B (North Bay community manager) welcomed/thanked us for coming before we were let loose inside the hall :)

Welcome sign at Sweetwater Music Hall!

The inside of Sweetwater was big, yet intimate due to the lighting & overall aesthetics. We grabbed our little table (which would soon be taken over by a fortune teller) & then headed to the bar to order our first round of cocktails! I got the "is this love" cocktail & it was strong, haha! However, I think they were all strong.

Stage

Cocktail menu for our social

Love Me Tender, Is It Love, Endless Love

Look at the well-stocked bar!

While sipping on our cocktails, the Easy Leaves came on stage to play some tunes. They were definitely more of the blue grass kind of music, but for our atmosphere, it was perfect. They were quite the talented duo, I must admit! All the while, many servers walked around serving up some love bites: sliders, shooters, fried cheese balls, spring rolls, avocado toasts, garbanzo bean bruschetta & fried olives stuffed with pork sausage! I admit I loved the bruschetta & avocado toast, yummy!

Easy Leaves

Easy Leaves merch

Hey Mambo wines was also on the scene to add to your drinks for the night. I tried the rosé & it wasn't too bad. Next door to Hey Mambo was Krave jerky & boy did we have fun sampling all their different flavors.

Hey Mambo wines (I stole the necklace later, haha)

Vinh got his fortune told by Grand Master Wanugee. I loved how the cards were basically Mahjong pieces, haha! Let's hope Vinh's fortune comes true *crosses fingers*

Vinh's cards

After getting his fortune told, our group went ahead & played in the Snap Fiesta photobooth! Never a dull moment when a photobooth is around! :)

Sonya & I decked out in pink :)

We headed back to the bar to get our second cocktail of the evening. I tried the "endless love" one & I think I liked the first cocktail I had better. We hung out near the bar while finishing our cocktails & getting hydrated before hitting the photobooth one more time for a couples edition. How can you not, right? It was called a sweetheart social :P

Vinh & I :)

We grabbed our goodie bags filled with candy & Krave jerky as well as hitting up the candy bar for more before heading out!

Bye Sweetwater!

Goodie bag contents!

Our group photobooth courtesy of Snap Fiesta!

Our couples photobooth courtesy of Snap Fiesta!

Thank you Kevin B, Sweetwater Music Hall, Easy Leaves, the North Bay crew & all the other vendors for an awesome evening of Sunday fun :)

 Want to know more about Yelp Elite & Yelp community events? Just ask & I'll gladly answer, just be sure to leave your contact info!

21 comments:

  1. That looks like a fun event, and your photobooth pictures turned out so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like a fun event and you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos! It looks like this was a really fun time. I'd love to see more events like this in our area.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had a ton of fun at the event. I noticed you received Krave Jerky in the goodie bag. I have tried it before and it was so good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like such a fun event! I would love to go to an event with great live music like you had.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an amazing night out you all had! And a plus three - that is almost unheard of!! That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun way to celebrate Valentines day. Lucky you got to go and have fun at Sweetwater and look at the goodies you got. I love goodie bags.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't listen to bluegrass at home, but I love it when out and about for some atmosphere. It reminds me of childhood vacations.

    All your cocktails sounded wonderful too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like you had a great time! I would love to try the food, it sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks like you had fun. The photos from the photo opp are awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I definitely sounds and from the photos looks like fun was had by all! I have never heard of Yelp activities around where I live-too bad.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That looks like a really fun event. The jerky sounds really tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  13. woohoo photo booth are awesome fun i love making funny faces in them and this event looked so fun

    ReplyDelete
  14. This looks like a really fun place. I would love to go on a date there with my husband.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You always have so many fun adventures. I'm loving your blog! Looks like you had an amazing time.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fun sounding event, it sounds like you had a wonderful time :) x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh that looks like so much fun. What a fun experience.

    ReplyDelete
  18. How fun!! I love these events you attend. They always look like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Looks like so much fun! It's nice to have a mini getaway with friends

    ReplyDelete
  20. This looks like such a cool place. I love your photobooth pictures, adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Looks like such great fun! How cool you were able to take +3!! The goody bags and the photobooth would have been my favorite!! lol

    ReplyDelete