Monday, March 17, 2014

Pine Bros Softish Throat Drops Review

Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial.

Cold season is about to end, but that doesn't mean that cough drops won't be readily stocked for the next one! I had the pleasure of trying out Pine Bros' Softish throat drops. We got to choose between honey, wild cherry, or both. Obviously, I chose both since I like to have a variety. I was surprised when the package arrived that I'd get so many cough drops!

Plenty of cough drops!

I have yet to try the wild cherry yet as my cold had cleared up by the time I got to it. The honey flavor was very subtle and semi-sweet, which was nice. I loved how they gave you the regular packets of cough drops as well as individual circular containers for yourself. The cough drops aren't super soft or super hard, it was really weird. I'd prefer total gummy texture or total hard candy texture. As for the assisting with soothing my throat, I don't know how well it actually helped. Maybe it was because I was trying it after I was already getting better. I didn't feel the normal tingly/cool sensation you'd feel while using a cough drop. I will give these another go when another cold arrives...not that I want one any time soon!

DISCLAIMER: I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

28 comments:

  1. That is some awesome throat drops you got there - I'd probably choose both as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been using Pine Bros for years now. It is what my mother always bought and I just continued to do so.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to taste the wild cherry drops! I've found that I prefer drops that are flavored something berry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We always use Pine Bros in our home and Wild Cherry is a favorite. I like the little tins because they fit in my purse for that little emergency!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Pins bros. not only do they taste good they actually work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I would go with the wild cherry flavor, I have never liked honey cough drops.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really needed this last week! Great info. I will be sure to check them out next time i'm sick or better yet, before I GET sick!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Their cherry flavor tastes good enough that it takes the sting out of not feeling well. I like their products!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't tried their products yet. I always get a sore throat in the spring and fall so I will be on the lookout for these.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree with you that cough drops are necessary during the allergy season too, even if the winter is already over.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is great to keep healthy year round by what we eat and exercise. That way certain times of the year won't catch us off guard.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have never heard of these before. Always shandy to have on hand extra in case a cold strikes. Will be sure to look for these (Kim)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have not heard of pine bros your lucky you got to try them.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I bet the cherry flavored one taste great. I rarely ever take cough drops and I don't think I have tried Pine Bros before.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What some fab sounding products - I have to admit I've not heard of Pine Bros before, but I'll have to keep an eye out for them from now on. x

    ReplyDelete
  16. As someone who suffers from allergies often, these look amazing! I'm always trying new throat drops LOL

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have never heard of this brand. Hmm, I may have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Pine Bros have been around a long time and they have always been my favorite cough drop. I love the cherry.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have never heard of Pine Bros but I will have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  20. These are the only cough drops my family uses. I discovered them about a year ago and bought them when I was desperate for relief. They worked so great we have stuck with them since.

    ReplyDelete
  21. My husband deals with sinus issues, which leads to sore throat, quite often. I am going to have to tell him about these!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I prefer cherry and I'd probably like a totally hard texture too as opposed to the "softish". This may be good for the kiddos though.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Now you've got me curious to try these based on the texture description alone! I saw some at the end of our checkout lane at the grocery store. If it's still there when I go back, I'm totally buying one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. I used to eat the Wild Cherry ones like candy when I was a kid. I probably would again!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thanks so much for the info! I will be checking these out!
    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  26. I like the Wild Cherry, my Mom loves the honey.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love cough drops year round. I do a lot of talking and this would help save my throat.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Since I've been proven and tested to be allergic to dust and my coughing fit could erupt anytime, I always have one of these handy. You'll never know!

    ReplyDelete