Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Sabi Sport Cane Review

Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial.

As an occupational therapist, I was thrilled to receive the Sabi sport cane to review! All we had to do was tell the company our size, which was pre-determined based on your height. The cane came in such a big box that the mailman couldn't leave it on our doorstep. I had to go to the post office to pick it up, haha :P

Sabi Sport Cane

This sport cane is an all terrain & lightweight. The rubber grip is smooth & comfortable for a secure grip during your walk, hike, etc. Plus, it is easy to clean as you can just wipe with a wet cloth. The shaft of the cane is made from a high-strength aluminum, which is the same grade of aluminum used in bicycle frames. As a therapist, I always preferred metal-type canes as they were more durable than the wooden canes. I got the purple rain color with a matte finish & it is a gorgeous purple/magenta-ish color. Finally, the tip of the cane is air-cushioned & rubber based, made from the same material from hiking boots & running shoe soles.

Long cane

Rubber tip

Overall, I liked this cane. It is a very well thought out product for those that are having difficulty with walking, hiking, etc. It could be to aging, disability, injury, etc. The one con I can think of is that I wish this was adjustable for height in case the original owner doesn't need it anymore & wants to give it to a taller or shorter friend. Mine is the small size so anyone that is taller than me that requires a medium or large size cannot use my sport cane. Otherwise, great product!

Blog: blog.sabi.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/Sabibrand
Twitter: @sabi_brand

DISCLAIMER: I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

37 comments:

  1. Love the purple rain color. I agree this cane would be a little better if adjustable so it could be passed on to a friend when no longer needed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mother uses a cane, so I will definitley tell her what you said about this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mother-in-law uses a cane sometimes but always uses the cheapest ones. I'll need to share to her about the Sabi Sport cane. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the color of the cane. My grandfather use to have to walk using a cane and it was really helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My I grandma uses a cane, hers is ancient, maybe i'll get her a new one for her birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great color! I think it is very important, especially for a woman who has to use one constantly, to have a cane to match her outfits. Not only does it need to be pretty but functional too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a great product for those who need a little assistance walking. The color is great too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like using trekking poles on hikes, I could see trying this as a walking stick. I didn't know they made Sports Canes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. what an awesome cane I would enjoy using one of these to help me walk.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like the color of the sport cane. The handle looks like it would be comfortable to walk with, as well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It does look pretty good. I agree with you it is unfortunately not adjustable. It would make life much easier but at least is serves its purpose well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am 30 and have abad knee. I actually need a cane this looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  13. A handy cane is so important. My dad, who has always been in great health, needed one for his knee surgery. Having a good one makes such a difference in recovery so I can only imagine what a difference it would make in day-to-day life for someone needing one.

    ReplyDelete
  14. My mother has mobility issues and I think she would really benefit from having this for support when she is walking around.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It looks durable. I know someone who could use one.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I used to use a cane when I had hip issues, luckily with enough physical therapy I am back to not needing one. This is great, I love the tip for the slippery conditions like wet floors.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I agree that having the ability to adjust the height to some degree would make it a better product

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've never needed a cane before but this one looks very nice. I like the adjustable height feature.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What an attractive color. I have been noticing a lot of canes lately that are decorated very nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  20. That is a great cane. Great color too

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a great cane! Much better than the one I have. I should get this,

    ReplyDelete
  22. My hubby's grandmother is getting that age now where she may start to need a cane. Will pass this info on to her!

    ReplyDelete
  23. This would be great for my grandma. She is starting to have trouble getting around and I really think this would help her.

    ReplyDelete
  24. This would be perfect for my dad! He has had a knee and hip replaced, and is finally walking a lot better. However, it would be great for him for hiking!

    ReplyDelete
  25. love it! I never thought I'd be on the market for canes, but my Mom really needs them these days, so I'd like to keep one at my house for her. this seems perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  26. My mom used to walk with a cane on occasion and I think she would have liked this one. She loved purple!

    ReplyDelete
  27. this is very different to the normal cane i've seen, looks very trendy

    ReplyDelete
  28. The Sabi sport cane seems great! My dad has been thinking about getting a cane until he gets his knee replacement surgery, so I will have to suggest this brand with him. It is a drawback, though, that it cannot be adjusted!

    ReplyDelete
  29. My teen son recently hurt his foot in sports. He joked a cane would be good. But I think it really would have. More flexibility than crutches )Kim)

    ReplyDelete
  30. I have no need for a cane but if I ever do need one I sure know where to get one now. Hubby might actually need it having just had knee surgery. I'll show this to him and see if he's interested.

    ReplyDelete
  31. I've seen these before and think they are really stylish canes. I agree though, I think a height adjustment would be a great feature on the cane.

    ReplyDelete
  32. I bet this would make the perfect cane for my mother inlaw who has MS.
    I love getting packages and I love when I get the larger packages and the looks on the postal peoples faces.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Love this, I know a few people that would love this cane as well!

    ReplyDelete
  34. I think this cane would be great for my dad. I don't know if I would be able to take it overseas.

    ReplyDelete
  35. I wish to get one for my Mom in law. Does the cane tip have good grip on the floor?

    ReplyDelete
  36. These would be great for the elderly. :)

    ReplyDelete
  37. I really like the color of this cane. It seems that the design of canes has come a long way!

    ReplyDelete