Wednesday, March 12, 2014

UYE: Happy Hour at Aasna

Whee, I'm slightly behind on blogging, but what else is new? Anyhoo, hubs & I celebrated our 1.5 year wedding AnnieVinhsary (get it, hah) on February 20th. We also decided what better way to celebrate than to try out a new Indian restaurant via an unofficial Yelp event (UYE) put on by Janet O.

Simple table & silverware

All the South Bay Yelpers had a special private room for our dining pleasure. Vinh & I grabbed the table for four since Meridith & Steve would be joining us for dinner. All the Yelpers got happy hour prices for the drinks & appetizers along with 20% off their entire menu. Sweet deals!

Lookin' up at the cameraman :P

Meridith & I

The staff at Aasna were very friendly, but the wait for anything took forever since they were understaffed that night. I bet they didn't think this many Yelpers would turn out. They did offer us some free appetizers, which were yummy.

Free app #1

App we ordered, yum!

Our entrees :)

Free app #2

The food itself was alright, not the best Indian food I've ever had. Guess I have been spoiled by my Castro Valley coworkers, hehe. However, it was decent and cooked well for the most part. Definitely not the cheapest Indian food though, I think it's a bit overpriced. I did really enjoy my dessert though! I got the rose petal ice cream & it was not totally creamy like you'd think. It has some icy chunks inside & the flavor reminded me of lychee, yummy!

Rose petal ice cream

Overall, we had a good time since we had great company. Steve & Meridith even had their fortunes told by the fortune teller sitting in the next table. However, I doubt any of us would be back for more of their food. Plenty of other Indian food places with better quality & cheaper prices.

Want to know more about Yelp Elite & Yelp community events? Just ask & I'll gladly answer, just be sure to leave your contact info!

30 comments:

  1. I've actually never had Indian food before. I have been wanting to try it for a while now. Glad you had a nice AnnieVinhsary!! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Indian food! I wish there was an Indian restaurant close to where I live, but the nearest one is 4 hours away. Thanks for sharing your experiences!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love being a Yelp Elite! Getting to try new places is one of my favorite things to do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to go to this resturant. Looks so good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had Indian food for the first time just a few weeks ago. It was SO DELICIOUS! I had no idea what I was missing out on. The apps do look good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My husband was in India for a month on business, we used to dine at Indian restaurants regularly before that. Now he says that he's had too much curry!

    ReplyDelete
  7. my husband works at an indian restaurant so we have currys quite a lot. but that rose ice cream looks nice

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well Happy AnnieVinhsary! Those appetizers look yummy and the fact that they were free makes them look even better!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy 1.5 AnnieVinhsary. :) The rose petal ice cream does look tasty. I wish I lived near an area that did yelp reviews. They look like so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'd still give it a try because I really love Indian food a TON! The dessert looks good even if a touch icy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like you really had an enjoyable time. thanks for sharing the pics.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like a great restaurant! It's always nice to have a yummy place to enjoy with friends and family!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The food there looks absolutely delicious. I would love to unwind there after a long day at work.

    ReplyDelete
  14. My husband is always finding new restaurants on Yelp. He just loves that site! Sorry the food was sub par, but hey, free appetizers is a bonus!

    ReplyDelete
  15. All of the food looks so good! I haven't had Indian food in quite awhile but this definitely refreshes my memory!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The food looked good! But I am not a big Indian food eater. Glad you had a great time celebrating

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy Anniversary! Looks like it was a fun evening out with the hubs

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations on your anniversary and your meal looked fab!!
    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy Anniversay! I have never had Indian food, it sure does look yummy. Glad you both enjoyed your day.

    ReplyDelete
  20. The food looks delicious there! Happy 1.5 year anniversary to you and hubs!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Those are yummy goodness and I like that rose petal ice cream - yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Happy Anniversary! I really would love to try that food-looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I have never tried Indian food too. The food presentation looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I am glad you and your friends enjoyed Indian food. As an Indian myself I don't like the food we get here in the restaurants. It does not feel authentic. So whenever I go to India I fill up my quota of Indian restaurant food.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I have never had the opportunity to visit an Indian restaurant. I imagine that the food is very good. It sure does look good!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Happy 1.5 anniversary! That's cute how your put your names together. :P

    ReplyDelete
  27. I've never really had indian food before and after your experience I just may have to give it a try. Happy anniversary!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I don't think I've ever been to an Indian restaurant. The food looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I've tried indian food before, and it was superb.The preparation in the restaurant you went to looks superb!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I've tried indian food before, and it was superb.The preparation in the restaurant you went to looks superb!

    ReplyDelete