Wednesday, April 9, 2014

CMYE: Spring Happy Hour

On April 2nd, I had the pleasure of attending Spring Happy Hour community event hosted over at Palo Alto Grill. Originally, five of us total would attend together, but life happened & only three of us made it. It was all good though as a hangout is always better than none :)

Steve, me & Derrick

I awaited for the guys to arrive since parking was horrible. We all entered the bar area of Palo Alto Grill to join the other Yelpers. There was probably about 15-20 Yelpers total at this event, nice & intimate. We promptly checked in with Abby, who gave us our name tags & off we went to claim a table of our own. For $10, each person got a drink as well as an appetizer of their choice. Both Derrick & I went with the Brazilian bramble with the BBQ pulled pork tacos. Steve went with the cucumber yuzu drop & the panko crusted crab cake.

The happy hour menu for the yelpers!

Steve tipped the bartender $3 & our drinks came out within 2 minutes, haha. His cucumber yuzu drop was smoking like dry ice, it was so cool! The drinks were good & had a fair amount of alcohol in it to make us happy :)

Steve's cucumber yuzu drop

My Brazilian bramble along with my free swag

I loved my BBQ pulled pork tacos, so tender & juicy, yum! The crab cake wasn't bad either, it was just too small :P

Panko crusted crab cake

Barbeque pulled pork tacos

It was definitely nice catching up with Steve & Derrick as we hadn't hung out in a while. We left the event early, but not before chatting it up with Abby for a bit about good wine spots in Livermore as Abby drank wine the whole time & I just attended the barrel tasting event. Thanks Abby & Palo Alto Grill for a very relaxing spring happy hour!

Want to know more about Yelp Elite & Yelp community events? Just ask & I'll gladly answer, just be sure to leave your contact info!

31 comments:

  1. Looks like great food! Wish we lived closer be could try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys are always on the go, I love it. The food looks really good and the drinks sound amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love seeing the events you go to. They look like so much fun! That place looks amazing too! I will have to check them out. thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That food looks awesome! Sounds like fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to try the cucumber yuzu drop! :) Glad you still had the fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a fun night out! And those Barbeque pulled pork tacos look amazing1

    ReplyDelete
  7. I actually know next to nothing about Yelp. The Brazilian bramble looks like it might be yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What yummy food wish we lived closer so my family could try it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You always go to such cool events! The food and drink look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks like a great place to eat and have a good time. Would love to go out to eat here with my friends. Sit back, relax and have a few drinks.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great event to attend. That taco looks so good, I have never had a pulled pork taco.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The cucumber drink is certainly something I would love to try. Looks like a great place. And a community event looks so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like you guys had a fun evening. the meal and drinks looked great

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like you had a fun evening.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am going to have to check into Yelp Elite...I love writing reviews of places so much, it annoys my son. He says when he looks up a place, my smiling face always pops up. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW I love the food and the drinks. Everything looks so scrumptious. I will have to check this out. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  17. those drinks look yummy. I think I would have ordered the second one

    ReplyDelete
  18. Everything looks great! I love how they hold the tacos together (stylish & effective). :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Everything looks delicious! I would love to try those pulled pork tacos! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This looks like fun! I didn't even know Yelp had events like this. I'll have to check into it.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sounds and LOOKS totally yummy! Seems like a great place to catch up with friends!

    ReplyDelete
  22. What an interesting drinks choice they had and the menu looks delicious! Would love to try out those BBQ pulled pork tacos.

    ReplyDelete
  23. That looks like a nice place to get a bite to eat and a unique drink.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Nice food presentation! You look cute! :D

    ReplyDelete
  25. That looks like a cool place to hang. I bet my husband would love the barbecue pulled pork tacos.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow it sounds like I need to learn more about Yelp! The food looks so yummy, I'd love to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Yum - those pulled pork tacos look so good. Looks like you had a great time - even if it was only 3 people.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Those tacos look amazing and so do the drinks! Yumm!! These events always look like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love the uniqueness of their presentation of food. Love the taco!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Yum!! Happy Hour sounds like my kind of event to attend!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. the cucumber yuzu drop looks amazing! only one little crab cake I would have wanted like 3 more plates of them lol!
    Yours and Derricks taco looked delicious!
    You get to attend some really fun events through yelp! Glad you and the guys got to catch up!

    ReplyDelete