Sunday, April 20, 2014

SJ Sharks & SJ Giants

I decided to merge the two San Jose sports teams into one post. Gotta give love to my San Jose Sharks (hockey) & San Jose Giants (minor league baseball).

First off, the Sharks hosted another coolest game viewing party at Stanley's Bar which Vinh & I gladly partook in. We were playing one of our rivals, the Anaheim Ducks. We arrived & took quite a while to find seats since there were so many fans in attendance. However, we scored some a small table for two right in front of a big flat screen TV, sweet :)

Blue Moon to start off the game watching

Happy hour went on all through the Sharks game so we ordered a $12 pizza (which was ginormous!), chicken wings & 2 beers. Real healthy food, I know ;)

Beer & pizza, yum

Chicken wings with ranch

Happy that we were winning!

Unfortunately, our team lost the game, which ultimately meant losing the division title to the Ducks as well... Boo!

Sharks zamboni, haha

On April 12th, I totally redeemed my Facebook offer for 4 free general admission tickets to the San Jose Giants game versus the Bakersfield Blaze. It was their second day playing so why not?! Vinh & my sisters came with & it was both my sisters' first time at a baseball game. We had to take a photo with the cute Giants piggy :)

Sisterly love with the Giants piggy

Did I mention that every person that attended the game got a box of chocolates from Imagine Chocolate?! It also came with a card of Gigante, our team's mascot, haha :)

Yummy chocolate!

BTW, this stadium has the best churros ever! I am not lying & they are 2 for $5. Oh so worth it!

Vinh with his churro

Affeldt (injured major league SF Giants player) pitching for 2 innings

We were winning up until the 9th inning, then the Bakersfield Blaze totally annihilated us with an 11-7 final score. Ouch... Oh well, it was a fun time just enjoying the nice day out with family :)

8 comments:

  1. This looks really fun! The food and atmosphere looks like a place I want to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are just yummy and good foods to eat! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love our minor league teams also (both hockey and baseball) and usually get to 5-10 games a year! Looks like you had a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hehe, you sound totally west coast with you churro and happy hour talk. We don't have either of those things in the east.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like you had a lot of fun! I really love celery and ranch dressing, lol. Now I have to get the hubs to take me out for some wings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you guys had a ton of fun. I'm always looking for facebook offers great way to have a fun date.

    ReplyDelete
  7. the food looks amazing and sounds like you had a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both the hockey viewing party and baseball game look like so much fun! Not to mention all the yummy food oh my gosh!
    all the cheese on that pizza! *drool*
    Great pic of you, your sisters, and mr piggy! :P
    and free chocolate score!

    ReplyDelete