Tuesday, April 22, 2014

YEE: Yelp Elites Re-Launch Vinyl Room

It seems like forever since I last went to a Yelp event! On April 16th, I had the pleasure of attending Yelp Elites Re-Launch Vinyl Room event with my +1/bestie Sonya :)

Us enjoying ourselves at Vinyl Room

Sonya was so nice to drive us all the way up to Burlingame for this event. We arrived about 20 minutes early so we took a little stroll in downtown Burlingame before spotting our event location. I loved that they had cushioned seats outside their establishment to sit on while we waited for the party to start :P

Vinyl Room

We got checked in pretty quick & had a Yelp wristband slapped on us to verify that we were all of legal drinking age, haha. About 2 minutes after the wristband being placed, the doors of Vinyl Room opened for all the Yelp Elites & their +1s to party! We all donated $10 to the Peninsula Humane Society as well for a great cause :)

Yelp approved!

The first thing I noticed were the yummy-looking macarons by Macarons A Go Go! They are so cute with the little pawprints (for the Peninsula Humane Society). I only got to try the raspberry-flavored one, which was a little on the sweet side, but that's okay since it was quite cute.

Tower of macarons

After grabbing a macaron, we headed to the bar where we examined & chose our drinks. Our bartender for the night was Eric & he took good care of us the whole night, haha. He made sure to come check our end of the bar frequently & our glasses were never empty for long. What service! One time he told me (as I was patiently waiting my turn to order): Just scream if you want anything & I'll get it for you! :P Quite the selection of specialty drinks put on by the sponsor Old World Spirits & Vinyl Room.

Drink menu

We also received free Yelp shot glasses for checking into the event! Another Yelp swag item to add to my growing collection :)

Yelp shot glasses, yo!

Summerlin & hibiscus margarita

Other foodie sponsors included Ace of Sandwiches that provided 5 different sandwiches! I loved the two sandwiches I tried, so yummy!

Ace of Sandwiches

Summerlin & sandwich

Sonya said I looked preggo in this photo, lol

Whisky sour

I have to admit that although all food items are sample sized, after 2-3 trips, you have one full & happy belly. Z Sausage provided brownie, cake, sausage & meatball bites, yum! ZICO coconut water helped us rehydrate after all our drinks :P

Second helping of food

Vinyl Room & our bartender Eric

Cucumber gimlet

DJ rockin' the music & party starts!

We left shortly after finishing my third drink & we grabbed some ZICO to go for rehydration purposes. For my whole review on the event, check here. Thanks Abby, Vinyl Room & the rest of the sponsors for an awesome Wednesday night out :)

Just because they were just uploaded, two photos taken by a photographer from the evening. You can see more photos here :)



Want to know more about Yelp Elite & Yelp community events? Just ask & I'll gladly answer, just be sure to leave your contact info!

27 comments:

  1. Another fun Yelp event under your belt. How nice od Sonya to drive you to the event.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn! Such great food! I would have attacked that tower of macaroons.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That tower of macaroons would have been devoured in seconds if I was there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are one girl who knows how to have fun! Looks like you had a great time. The cocktails look amazing

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow what an amazing sounding event that tower of macaroons is incredible! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What? Macaroons! I was I was there - those babies look good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks like a great place for date night with my husband. I love the treats and beverages that they serve there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You sure do get some perks for being a Yelper. The cocktails looked delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow, a really fun yelp event with a worthy cause. I think the macarons look too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun time it looked like you had!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm glad you had a good time at the event. You know, I've never had a macaroon, but I always think they're cute when I see them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like an awesome event! I love the pawprint macarons, so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  13. what a cool event looks like things went well.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You get to attend some of the most amazing things from being in the Elite group for Yelp. I would love to have that tower o fMacarones A GoGo.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You go to so many cool Yelp events. I love all the cool stuff you get to do and really enjoy hearing about them!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow how cool that Yelp has an Elite club! I joined but ever really participated, I see that I'm missing out on lots of great stuff!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have never been to a Yelp event I'm a rather new blogger and I would love the connections. How did you start getting to go to Yelp events ?

    ReplyDelete
  18. That looks like such a fun event. Love the cocktail menu!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Now that looks like a great time with great food and a really good looking bartender to make the night a real winner.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have never been to a Yelp event! It looks like it was lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  21. You had me at macaroons! What a fun Yelp event to have attended!

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a fun event. It looks like you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Looks like you had a great time at this Yelp event. I love the macaroons arrangement and no you don't look pregnant in that picture.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Looks like a fabulous event! I love those little paw cookies, and the drinks look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  25. You look like you have so much fun about town! Your drinks looks delicious, too!

    ReplyDelete
  26. wow this looks like his was a fun event. I loved the drinks and and the cookies. My kind of party

    ReplyDelete
  27. yummy food, yummy drinks, yummy bartenders... I mean what more could you want froma yelp event? ;) haha Glad bestie Sonya could attend with you! The Vinyl Room looks like a fun place for drinks and such!

    ReplyDelete