Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Adovia Dead Sea Mud Soap Review

Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial.

When I saw this listing on Tomoson, I immediately wanted to give Adovia's dead sea mud soap a try. Why? I wanted to see if this would help alleviate my issues with eczema.

Love the simple yet serene packaging

According to Adovia, the soap will remove dirt & cleanses your skin, while also infusing it with minerals to keep your skin hydrated & moisturized. It is enriched with mud from the Dead Sea. This soap has also been found effective at relieving acne, eczema & psoriasis.

I thought it was really weird to have a bar of soap that is so darkly colored, however it was mud from the Dead Sea, right? While showering, I noticed that immediately after use & rinse, my skin felt really dry like the soap sucked all the water out. After getting out of the shower & drying off, my skin felt very smooth & moisturized, which is the polar opposite of what was happening during the shower. I noticed that my eczema irritation had mellowed out after just one use, which is amazing for me. What is also nice is that this bar of soap has no scent, which is great for those with sensitive skin like myself.

Dark soap

If you are like me with skin issues, I would definitely give this soap a try. It may just be that miracle solution you have been searching for :)

PROS: moisturizing, no scent, gentle on sensitive skin, alleviates skin issues (acne, eczema)
CONS: price ($14-$16 per bar of soap)

DISCLAIMER: I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

22 comments:

  1. From the Dead Sea, huh? Very interesting! The dark color would throw me off too! I'm so glad it worked for you! I hope it continues to do so!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been hearing a lot about products from the Dead Sea here recently! Maybe I need to get some of this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am huge into cleansing of any kind. Cleansing my skin is just another healing process for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never new mud was good for you should have played in it more as a child. Oh and thanks for all the help with Yelp.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I typically don't use bar soaps, but I do have sensitive skin, so I would try it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is crazy that you went from feeling like your skin was dried out to felling like it had moisturizer. I will have to give this a try, I have horrible dry skin and anything that would help would be great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't say I've ever seen mud used as soap. My brain just isn't processing that...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like it did great things for your skin. It's pricey so I'm not sure I would buy it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I need to get this for my boys, they have terribly dry skin.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This sounds like an awesome soap! I'm always looking for new products to help my skin.

    ReplyDelete
  11. From the Dead Sea, now that interesting; I might have to try this soap out, it sounds great.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds nice, but yikes that is expensive!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I want to try this I have really bad skin allergies so I break out quite a bit so maybe this will help with the little bumps I get all the time. My son also has eczema we usually just cover him in sulfur to get it to away but this may be helpful too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The dark dyes on this soap I think would be way to harsh for my sensitive fair skin. I'm glad it worked out for you.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really should try this and have a great spa day. I need some skin conditioning

    ReplyDelete
  16. My oldest son has major issues with eczema. I will have to get this for him and see if it helps.

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's nice that it had some soothing effects on your eczema. Sounds worth a try.

    ReplyDelete
  18. That is interesting that it had such different effects in and out of the shower. I'd try it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I would love to try out this Dead Sea Mud Soap. I have some skin issues, so I think this would be a good fit for me.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I don't normally use bar soap, but my husband does. This sounds like a soap that he would just love to have! I may have to get him one for Father's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I just got approved to review this soap as well. I can't wait to try it as well especially after your experience with it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Sounds interesting! And I like that it's for any skin type.

    ReplyDelete