Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Sharks Round 1 Game 7 Playoffs

Last post about hockey, I swear (foreshadowing?)! Vinh & I could not believe that somehow the LA Kings caught up in the series to tie it at 3-3 forcing a game #7. Well Vinh really wanted to go to game #7 so we bought tickets for the game on April 30th :)

Reppin' our team, baby!

We entered through the main entrance this time & was welcomed by our awesome team banner below!

Sharks, baby!

We grabbed our playoff rally towels & headed to our seats to watch our guys warm up on the ice. After warmups, we walked around & looked at Sharks stuff.

Warmups

Go Sharks!

Team signed Sharks Territory sign

Gotta love our mascot & his million flags. The one below says "Get Playoff Loud!" Hardest working fish in the NHL :)

Sharkie doing his thing

Shark Tank is ready!

We were tied 0-0 in the first period, then led briefly in the second period but ended up trailing 1-2. However, we lost horribly at the end of the game 5-1 *heart sinks* Vinh & I couldn't even watch the rest of the game once the score was 4-1 & left early *sigh*

Fan photo stolen :P

What appalled me afterwards when I got home was after the game was over, our players raised their hockey sticks to the fans as a thank you. Instead of cheering them on, most of our fans boo'd them off the ice! Seriously?! I know we lost horribly & made history to have a 3-0 lead only to lose the series, but c'mon! Fans are fans through win or lose. I was totally saddened & cannot imagine what the players must have felt like that night. I would have cried. On the bright side, we'll get 'em next year! At least my favorite player Pavelski had a career high season this year :)

20 comments:

  1. That is awesome that you have been able to get to so many games this season!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another fun game! But I'm sad that the fans reacted like that :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like attending the game was a lot of fun. We have yet to attend one here even though my boys would love to

    ReplyDelete
  4. That stinks the fans reacted like that, but at least you guys had fun. Hockey is so fun to watch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never been to a hockey game but it always seems like you have a lot of fun at them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. these games can be so exciting and hair raising!
    glad you are enjoying them

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yup, you play for the fans. Maybe more luck next year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Live hockey is so much fun. I haven't been able to go to a game in so long!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hockey is a great sport, especially when you get to see it live.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun game! I have always wanted to go see a live Hockey game! That would be so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  11. No need to make it the last post on hockey, it is one of the sports I actually enjoy! It looks like you had a great time, I would love to get to a game soon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like everyone had a blast!! I haven't seen a game in several years!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds harsh for the players, they must have been crushed.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hockey games always have the best atmospheres for fun! The pics are great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is really sad that fans would do that. Through thick and thin, you stick by your team. I am not a hockey fan but am a huge Packer fan and that is just the way it is.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am not a fan of Ice Hockey but it looks like both of you had a great time.Also sad to the read the about the fans' reaction.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You sure do love your hockey. I love that about you! Die hard fan!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Looks like a lot of fun! We are getting ready for BASEBALL games in a few weeks :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. How fun! Good food and an exciting game with a cutie date!

    ReplyDelete
  20. They play in a huge arena! I bet they put on a great game win/lose. That was super sad that most fans boo'd to them :( They'll beat em next year!

    ReplyDelete