Monday, May 5, 2014

UYE: Yelpers Unite for Sports, Eats & Drinks at The Luxury Box

On April 24th, Cat V. held the Yelpers Unite for Sports, Eats & Drinks event at The Luxury Box. It was also game #4 for round 1 of the NHL playoffs for my San Jose Sharks so it was great timing to hopefully see my Sharks sweep the LA Kings. Oh yea, the Warriors were playing against the LA Clippers, too :P

Hoping the Sharks sweep!

Vinh & I arrived & found a teensy spot that I barely squeezed my MINI into, haha. We ventured in & was greeted promptly by Cat & then we found a table for four since Steve & Derrick would be joining us. Us Yelpers had a special menu for the UYE which included 50% off all appetizers listed, 25% off entrees & $10 pitcher of blue Kona beer.

Reserved for us

Specials

I started off with my favorite raspberry cider from Red Branch/Rabbit's Foot Meadery, yum! Steve & Derrick arrived shortly after & we ordered the pitcher of "blue" beer (which looked more green) & some apps.

Raspberry cider

Kona "blue" beer

Chicken wing app

Roasted artichoke

Macho nachos

Deviled eggs

There was a raffle at the end for $20 gift certificates & Derrick won one of four! The other 3 went to the same table, rigged I tell ya, haha! I think my favorite item were the bacon deviled eggs, yum. Unfortunately, my beloved Sharks did not sweep the LA Kings & actually lost, boo :(

Thanks Cat, the Luxury Box & all the South Bay crew for a fun night out in a hole in the wall sports bar :)

Want to know more about Yelp Elite & Yelp community events? Just ask & I'll gladly answer, just be sure to leave your contact info!

30 comments:

  1. All the food looks great. It sounds like another awesome Yelp event!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could get a invite to yelp events. You got some great food there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow all that food looks very delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those nachos especially look amazing! Glad you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The food looks good. Especially the nachos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything looks really good. Hurrah to him for winning the raffle too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those macho nachos look good! All the Yelp events you go to are pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That cider looks sooooo good. Sounds like you had a fun evening!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks like such an awesome place to eat!! I love the way the food looks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh those wings look absolutely delicious! what a great night out!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've never attended a Yelp event but I know that hockey fans love to eat and have fun when they are watching their games.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yum! You always post the yummiest food! The Yelp events sound like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those nachos look so damn good, I haven't had any in several months; just looking at them made me so hungry.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Must have been fun with all the good food and friends. I would have liked to try the raspberry cider.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a good deal, especially fifty percent off appetizers! Looks like a ton of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great event, I would have loved to have gone just for the food. Hopefully there will be an event like this in my area soon.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The food looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such cute photos for you both! :) The food seems really yummy too!

    ReplyDelete
  19. You sure get to attend a lot of great events with lovely food. I would have loved those deviled eggs too! Enjoy this while you are young ( I can tell that you do!).

    ReplyDelete
  20. All of that looks delicious, and I need to find and try that rasberry cider!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a fun night! I am intrigued by the roasted artichokes. I've never had those before!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Poo to your team not winning but what a great menu you enjoyed! Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  23. These yelp events look terrific! Great food and good times.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh what fun! That looks like you had a good time that night

    ReplyDelete
  25. YUM that food sounds delish. It looks like y'all are having a blast

    ReplyDelete
  26. I never see deviled eggs served anywhere! They look great!

    ReplyDelete
  27. All the food looks so good. Looks like you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wow those roasted artichokes and deviled eggs look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Yumm!! Blue Beer and Roasted Artichoke? Sounds like a great night! Sorry your team didn't win and you didn't get a prize.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Sounds like a place my husband would love. Sounds like you had a great time as well.

    ReplyDelete