Wednesday, June 18, 2014

BIC Soleil Glow Review

It's summertime so that means it's time to pull out the razors & shave, right ladies? We certainly don't want fuzzy legs when we've got our cute shorts & skirts on! I had the pleasure to test out BiC's Soleil Glow razors thanks to BzzAgent.

Simple packaging for 3 razors

The package of 3 razors came in the usual type of packaging like other brands do. I thought the razors came in fun colors. The handles are a good size for a great grip. However, I didn't like how the moisturizing strip was ineffective. Also, the cover on the razor is hard to remove & you do have the potential to cut yourself while removing the cover, ouchies. For the most part, I didn't like the feel when shaving. It felt more like running plastic along your leg. The shave wasn't as close as I'd like either unfortunately...

Pink, green & purple

Slide off cover

Razor up close

Over all, I think that BiC should stick with making office supplies & leave the razors to the experts. Nice try, but ineffective for me.

PROS: cute colors, bigger handle for better grip
CONS: ineffective moisturizing strip, cover is hard to remove & a hazard to cutting yourself, not so effective shave

DISCLAIMER: All products received are complimentary for testing purposes from BzzAgent. All opinions are 100% my own.

19 comments:

  1. I would be that one that cuts themselves on this LOL. I am a klutz!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My daughter tested this out as well and loved it. I loved it as well too when she shared one with me and stocked up using the coupons. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome razor and good review. I like trying new products to see how they compare.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not a big fan of the strips either. I thought this shaved evenly but not as close as my usual one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am needing some new razors. I will look out for this brand

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will have to give this one a try. When I first tried the Bic Soleil I hated it and then I tried a regular razor and realized I got converted at some point!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bic Soleil is actually a really good product when it comes to shaving.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I guess it looks better then it actually is. I will stick with my current shaver for now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, I probably wouldn't try this one, because I LOVE my current razor! But I like how it looks - it's cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I like the sound of these, will have to keep an eye out for them, my razors aren't aren't the best. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. That looks and sounds like a great razor. I'd give it a try. Amber N

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bic Soleil is a great brand.It is the one we use in my house.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This looks like it would be such a great idea for shaving. Saves time and get larger area. Shame it didnt work out for your review. Cutting yourself hazard not good.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like the handle and the colors too. I have a hard time finding razors that really get the job done!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The slide cover is interesting. Wish the head of the blade would tilt upward. Nice colors.

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's so important to have a smooth and reliable razor. This is especially true during the summer months when you show your legs more.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ugh, I HATE shaving. Even with the most expensive razors I get razor burn. Maybe I'll try this one.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I use the Venus, as it's my preferred brand. However I have used this before and really liked it as well.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Venus is always my favorite. I have never gotten a super close shave with any brand using a large moisturizing bars/strips

    ReplyDelete