Tuesday, June 3, 2014

My 27th Birthday

I turned another year older & hopefully wiser today (June 2nd)! Since my birthday did fall on Monday this year, I had the weekend to do little things to celebrate early :)

Birthday snow!

On Saturday, I had myself some birthday snow ice with the hubs & younger sister. I re-created the Valentine's special for my birthday snow :)

Birthday snow nomz!

After having dinner with my family, Vinh & I headed to the movie theater to watch Maleficent. Overall, I liked it. If you go in not expecting the original story, I think you'll like it as well.


On Sunday, I had brunch with the hubs along with my bestie Sonya & her guy. Easy Sunday as well since hubs had work the next day.

Today, I took the day off work & mostly relaxed at home. Quiet time is bliss. After Vinh got off work, we headed to Benihana to use my $30 birthday certificate. However, the wait was 45+ minutes for a table so we decided to partake in their happy hour instead. Let's say that was a smart idea as we came out full & on a cheaper tab! Kudos to our bartender Scott for taking care of this birthday girl & her guy :)

Vinh & I at the Benihana bar

Blue ocean punch bowl

Caterpillar & shrimp crunchy roll

Shrimp tempura roll

Teriyaki wings

Las Vegas roll

Strawberry ice cream

Chocolate ice cream

Overall, a very mellow birthday, but that's a'ok with me. Here's to another year of growing, learning, health & happiness :)

46 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday oldie! :P SO much yummy food! The punch looks amazing! *drool*
    Here's to another fabulous year! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankies bestie! ♥ I shall have to take you to share that punch bowl with me next time you're here ;)

      Delete
  2. Happy belated birthday! Glad you had an awesome birthday weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy belated Birthday,Looks like you had a lovely time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday! That was my daughter's 15th birthday too! You don't look a day over 15 yourself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you & happy belated birthday to your daughter! I do get that comment a lot :P

      Delete
  5. Happy Birthday - looks like you had a great weekend celebrating. The food you got to have looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy belated birthday. My son's 11th birthday was on June 2nd too and it is a great month to celebrate this milestone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you & happy belated birthday to your son! :)

      Delete
  7. Happy late birthday! It looks like you had a ton of fun, even it if was very mellow.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy birthday! It sounds like a lovely time. I believe my 27th involved tequila. :) Yours was definitely better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Tequila is nice ;)

      Delete
  9. I can't believe the size of that one drink. Glad you were treated to such a nice birthday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! It was pretty big, but it was for 2+ people so I shared, haha. Thank you!

      Delete
  10. Happy Birthday looks like you had a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday! That ice cream looks amazing, I really fancy seeing Maleficent myself as well :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You should go see Maleficent :)

      Delete
  12. Happy belated birthday!! Looks like you had a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  13. yay to 27 it looks good on you being 27. Looks like you had a lot of fun too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha still adjusting to saying I'm 27 now! Thanks :)

      Delete
  14. A big happy birthday to you!! I'm a June baby too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yay for June babies :)

      Delete
  15. Happy Birthday! What a way to celebrate. The food looks unbelievable. How do you stay so thin?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think it's a high metabolism for now, haha :P

      Delete
  16. Happy Birthday!! I hope you have a great birthday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yum yum and yum! The first dessert looked good... then I saw the punch bowl and sushi and started getting hungry. The last dessert did me in. Guess it's time to go eat.

    Happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I'm with you about seeing food photos! Thank you :)

      Delete
  18. Wow ... happy birthday to you! Never heard of birthday snow before ... looks delicious and like you had a great birthday. Low-key is not a bad thing at all. I'd say most of the time I really do prefer that. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Birthday snow ice is yummy (think if ice cream & shaved ice had a baby) :P

      Delete
  19. happy belated birthday to you! Looks like it was quite the celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy belated birthday! Glad you got to go have some fun! I hope to see Maleficent soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Maleficent was good, hope you see it soon!

      Delete
  21. Happy birthday to you and it's nice to see you had a wonderful time. The punch bowl and shrimp tempura looks very tempting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Babita! They were both quite yummy ;)

      Delete
  22. Happy late birthday. I actually LOVED Maleficent, the storyline was awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Toni! I loved the twist that the story gave in Maleficent :)

      Delete
  23. OHMYGOODNESS! Look at those AMAZING sushi rolls! NUM NUM! I am glad you had a great Birthday Annie :) That drink looks delicious too! I am happy to see you back to connecting these with LJ :) <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks bunches Kimbo! I gotta remember to connect back to LJ more often lol <3

      Delete